RC poster

Looking to buy a 4tec

Hello all I am talking with a guy that has a 4tec he said its a few years old and not sure if it runs. I don't know what the price on them run but what do you guys think would be a fair price. It's not going to hurt me if I don't get it.

RC Champion
    really depends on what model it is... pro 15,25r or 3.3..the pro 15's are the oldest and would need a conversion kit (cheap) to make it to current specs.. the 2.5R and 3.3 are similar with the exception of the motor, belts, pulleys and grey plastic. as for what they are worth really depends on the model, condition of the car and history. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $75-100 for a good condition pro15.. maybe $150 for the 2.5R and around $175 for a good shape running 3.3.. Not running I would consider it a rolling chassis and nothing more than 50-75 for any of them. They are all over the web for sale and can be had very cheaply. I bought my 2.5 as a roller for around $50.. Its been converted to full 3.3 and it looks brand new although I run it all the time. Great car for your speed needs, not much out there that will keep up with it..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

Great advice and the prices are spot on with the prices of nitros these days. I like nitro best and all but where I live its not best to have right now. The 4tec is one of the best for speed that's for sure. I never made mine into. Second gear it was fast. Honestly a 2.5r is plenty. But if you really want crazy then the 3.3 is what you want. Parts support is a little low though as a heads up you might have to buy rollers sometimes if you want upgrades as they have them sometimes.
    Cenracer1 is where I got my info on the 4tec and another one here can't see the name but great advice too.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    If i were you i would look for a pro they seem to handle better and are slightly quicker becuase there a little lighter

RC Champion
    Finding a real pro is not the easiest thing to do and paying for one is another issue all together. In theory they should handle better, but better than what. The car doesn't handle well to begin with.. Not really the cars fault as much of a product of an overpowered motor and tires. I've finally achieved the best I can get with mine and it was due to careful setup, moving the battery to the front bumper foam and foam tires on a prepped surface. Its still a bit squirrely, but much better.
    Dodgeviperred.. Have you run a regular 2.5R or 3.3? How much quicker can you get. I think you have the pro? correct? I would think the extra weight would help the car, not hurt it.. and how much lighter is it really? The pro has a few carbon fiber parts but much more aluminum. I would bet they are about the same, maybe the pro might be a bit better in handling, but then again, I don't know. The stock tires are garbage for the car. I run them on my brushless but not the nitro.. With the 3.3 they last about half a tank before shredding. For some reason on the electrics, they last longer even though the brushless has more power and speed.

RC Racer
    Well i run a ported 2.5 in my pro and it handles much better than the regular 2.5 4tec i used to have it weighs 3lbs .4 oz and it feel much better when you drive it it responds quicker and with less friction becuase it has aluminum bell post instead of plastic which when you tighten the two long screws underneath te bellcrank post create friction and it does seem lighter than stock but i believe it handles better becuase of the pro ball diffs i have them set a little loose so if i really gun it you can once in a while hear a whine not very loud but a very low whine and the graphite disk brake works better as well becuase it is slightly thicker and makes it that much easier to tune the breaks. They are pretty rare to find but price wise they arent that expensive i have 2 spare graphite y braces. so yes you can find them but they are hard to find .

RC Champion
    good to know.. I forgot what alot of the differences where. the last time I saw one of those was years ago. I always look on ebay hoping to steal one, but that doesn't happen. I would think the pro ball diffs are the only reason for the difference in the way the car handles. The rest of it is not that different..

RC poster
    Howdy All..
    I own 2 of the original Pro 4 Tecs, Lunsford turnbuckles and hinge pins, aluminum big bore shocks, aluminum bellcrank posts with bearings, carbon fiber parts include front tie bar, top plate, rear y brace and shock tower. pro ball diffs, carbon fiber brake disk, I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff?
    I would consider selling one if anyone is interested as well. Oh Yea on the true pro the 2 speed hub is also Blue.. if its not then its been changed or is not a real pro..

RC Racer
    Plus one on the blue hub and a original has hex hardware

RC poster
    and what would you be asking for one? email me at speed.bh51@gmail.com . thank you.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brent69 View Post
    and what would you be asking for one? email me at speed.bh51@gmail.com . thank you.
    PM and Email sent