RC Competitor

VIDEO. hobbywing xerun 150 amp system

testing out my new hobbywing combo...i got the black one...looks and runs great.

4s lipo
    21 t pinion

http://youtu.be/uWg5QDqctYI

RC Champion
    Sweet! Looks like its got plenty of power.

RC Competitor
    thanks...i tried the 17 t pinion to much torque not enough speed. this system comes with a small mounting plate that fits the emaxx,but i used an old vxl mounting plate,esc is 2 sided taped to the mount.and the castle blower fan fits like a glove.
    system comes with deans plugs just fyi anyone...

RC Competitor
    also comes with 21 and 17 pinion,program card,and usb adapter for computer

Nice little blast you having there .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Yep that's a killer combo. What kv motor did you get? I run the 2000kv 150a with 2x spc 8200mah 2s, and its got loads of power!
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    nice set up.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    i have the 2000 kv also...i do have a question,for anyone who has a similar hobbywing set up...i havent used the program card yet or downloaded the firmware on the computer,ive been busy..out of the box and after i installed the combo i have full forward and almost no reverse,it will crawl in reverse.do you guys think its in race mode?
    there is race mode sport mode and crawler mode with this combo...its not really a big deal because i have 2 nitros that dont have reverse.

RC Competitor
    oh...( finisher ) how are u running those 8200 in the emaxx? i have an 8200 spc for my slash, i just bought 2 spc 5000 for my maxx and they barrely fit. is there a battery expansion kit im not aware of?

RC Qualifier
    They fit in the trays, but I had to cut slots on either side and use Velcro straps to hold em in. Sometimes I get lazy and just wrap tape around the whole chassis. It's not very secure that way though. So if you crash and flip a few times they might slip out.
    addicted much....

RC Competitor
    you must get at least an hour out of th batteries,thats alot of mah lol

RC Qualifier
    Funny thing is, I haven't even got through a full set yet. Lol I took it out yesterday and shredded the pads on the slipper after about twenty minutes. But yeah it's quite a bit of run time. In my erevo they last around 30-45 mins. I have never actually paid attention to how long exactly they last though. I'll have to time it next time I take it out.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimitzrc View Post
    i have the 2000 kv also...i do have a question,for anyone who has a similar hobbywing set up...i havent used the program card yet or downloaded the firmware on the computer,ive been busy..out of the box and after i installed the combo i have full forward and almost no reverse,it will crawl in reverse.do you guys think its in race mode?
    there is race mode sport mode and crawler mode with this combo...its not really a big deal because i have 2 nitros that dont have reverse.
    I missed this post. But as far as the computer program goes, I was never able to open the downloaded file. I don't have the correct program to do so on my computer. Sometimes the reverse acts up on mine too. You should hook up the program card and go through your settings just to be sure.
    addicted much....

calibrate the rx to the esc then it will solve the issue its on your instructions included.

the file is weird to open but doable i havent redownloaded it yet but you can search online for the program to open it
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimitzrc View Post
    oh...( finisher ) how are u running those 8200 in the emaxx? i have an 8200 spc for my slash, i just bought 2 spc 5000 for my maxx and they barrely fit. is there a battery expansion kit im not aware of?
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-a...t%2520outs.jpg
    cutout for the velcro straps

RC Qualifier
    Mike, how ya been buddy! I did search for it, but you need a program like winzip and I don't have it. I searched around and tried downloading it from a different source and ended up with the google redirect virus. What a pain that was.
    addicted much....

yeah thats what i got too when i downloaded the file off chrome virus alert and mc afee alert as well.
    Been doing good moved and only 2 month away from buying house now so total of 3 months before moving and owning our house finally.
    I'll have to look at HW website i know of and see if it will do the same alert for me.

RC Competitor
    wow, thanks for the info guys. i will try the program card this weekend. im gonna get me some straps because i have to try 6s,i was running into everything on 4s so it should be interesting...

RC Qualifier
    i run 5s with my ezrun 150amp runs great
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

RC poster
    Nice one dude .

RC Competitor
    thanks erevoman75 .