Thread: Is it worth it.

RC Enthusiast

Is it worth it.

Hey all I've been wondering about the revo 3.3 and I herd good reviews on it but its 600 dollars I'm just Wondering if its worth the money.

Thanks,

RC Racer
    Asking on a revo forum if the revo is worth the money? Of course everyone here is going to say yes. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be anyone on this forum. I say yes, but everyone has their own opinion. I'm sure everyone here is going to say yes.

From what I've heard, on this forum, and off this forum, is the Revo is a great truck. Save for the typical nitro tunning problems that all nitros have, they're almost bulletproof.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I've had a ton of cars since I started the hobby. The Revo is the best truck I have ever owned. Definately worth it.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Racer
    I look for used deals on rc stuff. I got my revo for 175. People say oh what if the engine wasn't broken in right or whatever, but even if I bought a new motor off ebay I'm still well below retail. Its a great truck, but if the price is too much for you snag a used one. I run with people who have tmaxxs, slayer pros.. And they can't keep up with the revo. Its the perfect blend. The slayer pro can't handle deep sand or snow, the tmaxx flips in turns and bounces around all over the sand. The revo just glides over everything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Ive had the revo for about 3 months now. Just entered my first race and I was keeping up with the 1/8 nitro truggies. This truck is amazing!! But before you have this problem take that reverse gear out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    $600 is cheap. Go for it

RC poster
    I just picked one up this week. First new in box nitro car I've owned and also the first off-road truck. It's amazing. Would definitely recommend.

Just check your slipper clutch before running it. I guess mine wasn't set right out of the box and it fell appart.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revoracer2013 View Post
    Ive had the revo for about 3 months now. Just entered my first race and I was keeping up with the 1/8 nitro truggies. This truck is amazing!! But before you have this problem take that reverse gear out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    I say just use it til the optidrive dies, then take it out and don't shift while it's moving.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    The revo is a great truck. But buy it used. Dont spend $600 on a new truck. So much of the truck your gonna want to upgrade parts on. Your gonna want to put RPM A arms on it. Your gonna want response tires. And plan on smoking your first engine. So just with that your looking to spend an additional $300+ on an alreay $600 truck. Buy it used. $250-$300 on Ebay is pretty common. Im on my 2nd revo(kinda). If your really wanting to save some $$$. Buy a used slayer and convert it to a revo. Slayers sell cheap because they handle very poorly. My revo now was a slayer that I picked up for $125 with a 3.3 on it. Spent another $120 on ebay picking up the required parts to do the swap. And for a total of $245 I have a mean revo. Have enough left over to get a .21tm and a THS pipe and still be under the new revo price. CAUTION!!! Slayer transmission is geared higher internally. Gearing BC/spur must be lower to get same speed. I am gearing the Slayer tranny 14/38 and it flys with no overheat issues. If you run the stock slayer 15/35 your engine is going to overheat with oversized tires. That is the only flaw with using a slayer to make a revo.
    Is a stock revo worth $600? NOPE. Is a already hopped up revo worth $600? YUP

RC Racer
    Oh that's too funny! ^^^ Start with a new one, learn it properly rather than one that has been messed with. People say they treat them like a granny driving to church every Sunday, but can you really trust them? Atleast if you start new, you know where you stand!
    Don't get strung up on tyres and all that upgrade stuff at the start. For a beginner the tyres on it are perfect. You'll probably eventually upgrade to a pull start, but the rest is sweet.
    Ultimately it's your call man. Pay now, or pay later as they say ;-) all the best!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2