RC poster

Are The O.S 21 And Picco .26 Max Faster Than The Trx 3.3 ?

Hey guys ! I'm really looking to get more top end speed out of my Revo. Not to say the trx 3.3 dosen't get the job done !! I just want something faster that doesn't require too many modifications to fit the 3.3 chassis. Please , give me your opinions ! .... Thanks !!!!

RC Champion
    its gonna get closed.. but the OS 21 is a good engine... more torque than the 3.3.. plus its a direct drop in... no mods needed
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    My picco is amazing, never had an os but i have run rb and that stunk. The picco is the best engine that i have ever ran.
    Sent from my lumia 920. woot.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by revomikey View Post
    My picco is amazing, never had an os but i have run rb and that stunk. The picco is the best engine that i have ever ran.
    Sent from my lumia 920. woot.
    +1 on the picco. i have a picco .26 max in my revo, and after i got it broke in, i haven't had any issues at all. and i run my truck hard. my buddy has a losi 8ight 2.0 with a nova .25 on it and it doesn't hang with my revo.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseye revo View Post
    +1 on the picco. i have a picco .26 max in my revo, and after i got it broke in, i haven't had any issues at all. and i run my truck hard. my buddy has a losi 8ight 2.0 with a nova .25 on it and it doesn't hang with my revo.
    Will plastic transmission gears hold up with Picco.26?

RC Qualifier
    yes they will, set your slipper properly they should hold up..
    Where It's All RC

I know people who have used both Picco's and RB's racing at various tracks here in Florida. I can not honestly tell you one is better than the other. I've seen RB's rip up a track and everything in it's path (good driver at the wheel and an excellent tuner in the pits). I've seen Picco's do the same.

You want faster without modifications? Both are NOT drop in's. They are more powerful so you can expect to have some driveline upgrades... Many get away with stock wheelshafts to a point. The center shafts, questionable, and if you have reverse,,, definitely dump it no matter which way you go.

The OS 21TM faster than the 3.3..... If they are it's not by any noticeable difference on my part and I've driven a few as well as a few buddies raced with them, many going back to the 3.3 or other engines. I will say I like the way it tunes, it is a direct drop in. But for that price? I would just get a new 3.3 and have either AB mods or RB mods set it up for you.

I'm speaking just from my personal experiences and with working with my buddies in the pits at the track.. A lot of what is being posted can be personal preference, some who have not experienced all 3 mfr's first hand to make a valid comparison and be objectionable. I know someone is going to chime in and probably disagree with what someone or I have posted....

This Vs That threads often get heated as many are passionate about their hobby. So in order to keep this thread open let's stay on topic as to what erperiences you have had with these engines...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Champion
    i have experience all forms of engines in my revo... name it i have put it in.. from .12 to .28.. the .12 was in a revo i got down to 6.5lbs without fuel... worked like a charm on top end but got hot fast .. and way.. while all engines will give you great power and performance.. if you want a truck to race with and spend the least amount of money .. stay with the 3.3.. i've tried them all, except the picco .26 i had the picco max .21... in other words i spent a crap load of cash only to return to the original engine with a different pipe and that was all she wrote on the track..

by the way the .12 was on a 2.5 chassis, this was before the 3.3 came out... and also, depending on the track i would still run the 2.5 and kick butt
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...