RC Racer

servo reccomendation?

Preferably waterproof with metal gears and won't blow the budget (about the price of the stock ones)

RC Competitor
    What model E-Maxx do you have? 3905/03 came with dual 2056 servos, 3908 came with dual 2075 servos. I'm guessing since you said "ones" you don't have a 3906. Knowing what you have would help to get a better idea of the price of stock ones.

RC Racer
    Yep it's a 3903

RC Competitor
    Okay thanks if I have time I'll do some searching. Its going to be hard to find a digital servo that is waterproof with metal gears for that cheap that is fast enough and will last. You can waterproof a servo pretty easy and also instead of buying two servos you can use one single high torque servo. I'll let you know if I find anything.

RC Qualifier
    I have a hitec waterproof in my crawler but the price is slightly higher than the stock servos. In my opinion, the 2075 traxxas servos do a fine job in the emaxx, as long as both are working correctly and they are aligned proper. A little bird told me savox is looking into a waterproof servo... fingers crossed and penny jar is full. Lol
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Racer
    I have through 2 servos and it has only been run about 20 times. I should've said, metal gears are the priority over waterproofness.
    Last edited by warthogfan2; 05-11-2013 at 07:37 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mnewbolds View Post
    I have a hitec waterproof in my crawler but the price is slightly higher than the stock servos. In my opinion, the 2075 traxxas servos do a fine job in the emaxx, as long as both are working correctly and they are aligned proper. A little bird told me savox is looking into a waterproof servo... fingers crossed and penny jar is full. Lol
    Do you have the model No. ?

RC Qualifier
    Some savox servos are water resistant. Mine has gaskets and orings same spots as the traxxas servos. Prob just as good.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    Some savox servos are water resistant. Mine has gaskets and orings same spots as the traxxas servos. Prob just as good.
    They are about twice the price of the stock ones. I wanted similarish

RC Qualifier
    This is the one I have used.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FVN0Mgod130A9w

Another one I have used in my maxx is the hitec 645mg, but if using a metal gear servo, I would recommend aluminum servo arms. Not mandatory, but a good idea.

Keep in mind there are other servos that are better than these I've noted, I just haven't used them or they are out of your suggested price range. Plastidip works great on non-wp servos.
    Last edited by mnewbolds; 05-12-2013 at 10:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Just out of curiosity. You say you keep tearing up servos, is your servo saver set too tight? Just a thought.

RC Racer
    Just out of curiosity. You say you keep tearing up servos, is your servo saver set too tight? Just a thought.
    So I might have the screws in that through the skid plate and into the bellcrank posts to tight?

RC Qualifier
    No, actually I was thinking the spring on the stock savers are adjustable but I was mistaken.

RC Racer
    No, actually I was thinking the spring on the stock savers are adjustable but I was mistaken.
    OK cool. Thanks