RC Enthusiast

Brushless system ideas

I have been bulidung a custom Rustler. It started out with an old xl-5. When I say say old I mean before brushless was even affordable. I have beem aking small upagrades as things break and had added a fuze brushless 5800kv motor/esc last year. We all no some of the issues those can have( i did not at the time).

About a mounth ago I cracked the orginal chassis. That has started a complete rebuild. This is my bulid like this ever. I already made some mistake by nt asking on this forum. Like buying some intergy parts.

So today my question is what motor should I put in this thing. I am gong to be doing mostly bashing. I am planning on building a track at my house ( i have a large yard) I also would like to do speed runs some times but that is not really my thing. I am not bulding a 100mph car.

Thanks for your ideas in advance

Brian in Cleveland

RC Qualifier
    I dont see anything wrong with the Fuze systems. I ran one in my Rustler for a while. If it isnt broken I wouldnt worry with replacing it.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Competitor
    I really enjoyed The Dynamite Fuze 5800kv system. I wouldnt change it until it breaks

RC Racer
    Ive been running a Fuze system for a while. It works great. What issues are you having with it? If you really want something new, the first thing i would go for is something from Castle.
    Brushless Rustler XL5 - MERV VXL

The duratrax de10 is another great affordable Esc. It's on my list for my next purchase. But I'm with the others if your fuse is running fine why replace it?
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Enthusiast
    There isnt anything wrong with it. I will move it to my sons bandit xl-5 when he is ready for brushless. I was just wondering what would be a good upgrade from that.

Also do you guys know of a fan that will mount to the fuze esc?

Brian

RC Racer
    Ive been looking for a replacement fan for my fuze esc. It has an odd small connector. My lhs ordered me one from dynamite and it had the wrong connector on it... I cut the connector off the original fan and put it on another fan my friend gave me. Didn't work. I don't know if the voltage is different or it may have been just another broken fan. I guess i could hook it up to a power supply to see if it works. Sorry, I'm not much help. If you find a fan that works, Id like to know.

Just mount the fan to the chassis and have it blow air on the Esc
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax View Post
    Ive been looking for a replacement fan for my fuze esc. It has an odd small connector. My lhs ordered me one from dynamite and it had the wrong connector on it... I cut the connector off the original fan and put it on another fan my friend gave me. Didn't work. I don't know if the voltage is different or it may have been just another broken fan. I guess i could hook it up to a power supply to see if it works. Sorry, I'm not much help. If you find a fan that works, Id like to know.
    The plug coming off the Fuze ESC is a sensor plug to run sensored motors. You want the fan plugged into the receiver. I ran a fan on my Fuze ESC using an open port on the rx.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Enthusiast
    Thats good to know. After i asked that question yesterday I went on ebay and found the fan that dynamite makes for the fuse esc.

I would of had the trouble that Climax had

Thanks for the help.

Brian

RC Racer
    Then I should be able to take any fan, drop it on the Fuze and plug it in to the RX. Ill have to try that this weekend.

Derby, what is it you want that the Fuze is not doing for you? Do you want to go faster or more programmability?