RC Racer

Do you have an ERBE & a 1/10 Summit??

Had an ERBE for a while now and getting tot the point where I really need others to drive with otherwise I get a little bored. Considering getting a summit as well. Like that some parts are interchangeable.
    Thoughts?

They're great for parts interchangeability but I use them for totally different purposes. The Summit took over for a long while but I've been cycling through my other RC's for the last couple weeks. The power of the ERBE is great, but the Summit's capabilities are inspiring and when on the trails draws more appreciative comments and fascination than the ERBE ever has anywhere I've run it.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I have two Summits and the Erbe. My Summit is used a lot, while my 7 yr old drives his occasionaly. One of my favorite things to do is to use both Summits and do tire comparisons. They are both set up identically except the body and tires. I take them both through the same terrain and see which wheel/tire combo works better. I have a real love for the stock Canyon AT tires and have yet to own a set of aftermarket tires that work as well as the stockers.

My E revo comes out when I need a blast of speed. It's a fun truck but my Summit gets used much more.

Get a Summit and leave it brushed. It is ultra reliable with the 775 or DeWalt brushed motor. Keep your Revo for when you get the need for speed.

RC Racer
    I have a e revo summit and a emaxx just can't have enough. I converted my summit to brushless so it's basically a e revo with locking diffs.

RC Racer
    A lot of people say the summit is great and will become your favorite rc if you buy one...
    Anyway - how much would you pay for a stock second hand one in excellent condition?

Ii have both...I like them both...I have been playing with my eRevo a lot more lately .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    The most important question is do you have the proper terrain to run the summit on? I have a summit but having to pack everything into my car and go find a spot to run gets old fast.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    The most important question is do you have the proper terrain to run the summit on? I have a summit but having to pack everything into my car and go find a spot to run gets old fast.
    Yeah a good point! There is plenty of appropriate terrain around, but I would need to drive there first taking all my gear with me etc as you mentioned.

I suppose I am also asking - is it worth paying so much for a Summit if I also have an ERBE? Or should I simply move the pushrods to the inner holes, install the long travel rockers, put a set of big joes / Trenchers on and turn up the punch control to 90% with Training mode I know I still won't have the diff locks & 2 speed trans but that's about it yeah?

RC Racer
    What the E-Revo lacks is exactly what makes the Summit great. Locking diffs, two speed tranny, the exo cage and Canyon at's. All of these things is what gives the Summit it's attitude. I have tried using my E-Rrevo to crawl along with my Summit and it is just not the same.
    I suggest looking for a used Summit. If you are familier with wrenching on the E-Revo then buying a used truck is not all that scary. I purchased my first Summit new, and glad that I did, but my E-revo and second Summit were purchased used and I saved a ton of money.
    Take the money you save by buying second hand and use it to either maintain or upgrade the Summit.
    I have absolutely no regrets about spending the money to have several differant trucks.

RC Racer
    Yeah I found a second hand Summit for $450 in excellent condition, that's why I started this topic in the first place - is it worth it?
    They want $600 for it, but I offered $450 and they said yes so now I just need to pick it up

RC poster
    I'm new to the RC world, but I do have both the 1/10 Models and also the 1/16 Summit VXL. The little Summit is a blast! I'd like to add a 4x4 Slash to the collection. With all three 1/10: the Summit, E-Revo, and 4x4 Slash, I think you have the right trucks to do whatever you want. I guess the Summit isn't a true crawler, but it is close enough for me!

RC Qualifier
    A summit with a brushless motor would get used way more than my Erevo. But the speed and a little better durability makes my EREVO the most used truck. Although I do like the Emaxx. so many parts available and can be made very durable.

For most of my RC'n a Revo with lockable diffs would be ideal. and thats the only real difference between mine and a summit. I'm using stiffer suspension and highest ride setting. but in sand I would really like to have those locking diffs and the few times I do try to "off road" or rock crawl.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a brushless motor in my Summit...right now its running the DeWalt motor mod.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Sadly I just sold my summit and seriously regretting it now........I still have my slash 4x4 and ERBE, it's just that I noticed I used my ERBE and slash more than my summit and the terrain around me was not really summit terrain but now that its gone I miss it : (

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by red914slash View Post
    Sadly I just sold my summit and seriously regretting it now........I still have my slash 4x4 and ERBE, it's just that I noticed I used my ERBE and slash more than my summit and the terrain around me was not really summit terrain but now that its gone I miss it : (
    I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. I don't have the terrain to drive a summit so I sold mine but now I really miss crawling over the wood pile in my back yard.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Champion
    I used to have a pair of erbe's and a summit. Sold one a few weeks ago and traded the other last week.
    I'm keeping the summit since it is a very unique truck and is fun to drive.

It's also a great tow vehicle,,
    Last edited by Zepher; 05-14-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    For those above you mentioned that you recently sold your Summit... How much did you sell it for??

RC Racer
    I sold mine for 450 and was really clean, now I'm looking for another one but I know I can't find one as clean as mine was. I even called the guy back and asked if I could buy it back and he said no........I feel like I made a mistake : ( it was a unique and fun truck to just drive around

RC Champion
    I bought mine used in December for $200, I figured that was a fair price, but apparently, $200 was a steal.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Can't find many secondhand Summits at all and I definitely am not interested in buying a new one for $700+.

$450 is the best I can do so I guess I'll be going to have a look at it tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    I wish traxxas would sell some RC's without batteries and chargers. they could bring the price down a lot. The summit sells for $600 in Canada and it can be a lot lower than that. its a lot of money for what it is.

The last few RC's I build from scratch. But the summit might an expensive and harder build from scratch seeming i don't own one right now. or have one to look off of to get the parts i need.

RC Qualifier
    Luckily we can still buy Traxxas RCs here without batteries and a charger. But the proce for a bare E-Revo over here is €760, which still is 980$. A bare summit is €640, 823$...

I started with the erevo 3.3 then got a customized erevo - gmaxx body, big fun. But once I purchased a summit I was hooked. I can't sell my erbe - too much time and money in it. But it sits on the shelf while my summit gets all the driving time.

I doesn't matter how fast it goes, it's WHERE it can go.

Summits are slow but unstoppable.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Racer
    I have two E-revo's and two Summits. The Summits are a lot of fun for what ever your doing. The e-revo's are speedy trucks and have troubles in rough or wet terrain. I paid $400 for a used Summit from the Bay and Purchase a new Lipo one from the hobby store for $800. And to be honest they run the same so a used one would be a good purchase. I bought both of the E-revo's used for $300 each. And upgraded the ESC to a Leapord Ground 150 amp and the Motors to the Kershaw Designs Big Block 2000kv . They are stronger than the MMM.
    But I do like My Summits. I may even buy another Summit this summer. I want to find a Yellow one.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    I bought mine used in December for $200, I figured that was a fair price, but apparently, $200 was a steal.
    Zepher, I will Reinbuse you $200 plus shipping for your summit.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.