RC poster

How to stop 2wd rollover

Hey everyone. I have had the slash 2wd for a couple of months and while I'm loving it, I would like some opinion on how to stop it from rolling all the time. I have upgraded the springs to stiffer ones and that helped but at any sort of speed it still just rolls like crazy. I installed a ******* brushless system and although it's way more fun to drive...it just aggravated the rollover issue!

RC Racer
    Buy an Lcg and try changing shock oils and preload

RC poster
    OK...what's an lcg?

RC Qualifier
    LCG = Low Center Gravity chassis. Some company's out there ex: ProLine, STRC,Anza

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Low Center Gravity chassis, I don't use one, as my home track is med. grip at best. I'm sure others can chime in on the LCG they use, along with the pros & cons.
    Last edited by Shaky17; 05-10-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: slow typing
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

There are lots of ways to help reduce rollover. Try moving your upper shock mounts "in" and the lower shock mounts "out". That will help lower the overall height and prevent some rollovers. You can try the STRC lcg kit which uses a Rustler chassis and lowers the stock chassis quite a bit. My LCG Slash rarely rolls now, instead it slides if I really cut it sharp.

Here's a before and after STRC LCG mod (the stock chassis slash has 1/8 buggy wheels which are a bit taller than the stock tires):

My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    If you don't have the money for an lcg chassis just do some tuning on the suspension, I mounted my front shocks on the most outer hole, rear shocks 2nd to last outer hole, negative camber all around and toe adjustments, if you're running stock shocks mess with your preload spacers, I could be going around 35mph off-road and take high speed turns without spinning out or flipping over

RC poster
    Thanks for the help everybody. I will look into the lcg chassis. in that pic it lowered your machine almost 2 full inches...that's huge! I bought some integy shocks and went quite a bit stiffer on the rear and a little stiffer on the front. I think it still has 30w shock oil though. Maybe I'll try the thicker oil and move the shocks. If it's still rolling I will pick up an lcg chassis.

RC Champion
    If you want a temporary lcg until the real one comes in zip tie the battery to the bottom of the chassis.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

If you want a temporary lcg until the real one comes in zip tie the battery to the bottom of the chassis.
    Be careful doing that, just don't hit any sharp rocks! I wouldn't even think about that if your're using lipos!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-11-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I wouldn't even recommend that to someone, that's just asking to ruin your battery and if running lipo possible fire

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by migreig View Post
    Thanks for the help everybody. I will look into the lcg chassis. in that pic it lowered your machine almost 2 full inches...that's huge! ...
    Most importantly the battery is lowered that much. A battery that high in the air is the root of all evil!
    I wish traxxas would come out with a 2wd lcg chassis. That way we could spend 20-25$ for a decent race chassis instead of 60-120$... Jeez! My birthday is at the end of the month Traxxas, I like black better than grey lol.
    Last edited by rag6; 05-11-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    I wouldn't even recommend that to someone, that's just asking to ruin your battery and if running lipo possible fire
    I used to do this all the time, i would put a wooden ruler into each skid plate to protect it and would put a piece of foam in between the ruler and the battery. my explaination might be confusing but all you have to do is find a way to protect it like me and it works brilliantly
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by migreig View Post
    Thanks for the help everybody. I will look into the lcg chassis. in that pic it lowered your machine almost 2 full inches...that's huge!
    It made all the difference in the world handling-wise. And with the STRC kit , you'll use mostly all traxxas parts except the aluminum STRC extension parts.

Cost was $45 for the STRC kit and $10-$15 for the Rustler chassis (upper and lower) plus a few incidentals. I had an old chassis laying around so it was even cheaper for me.

Another option is the Protrac wide A-arm mod which widens your truck which also reduces rollovers. Lots of options.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Just drove my Slash less than an hour ago. I love my Castle powered STRC LCG Slash 2wd. You couldn't get me to go back to stock.

RC Competitor
    Lcgs r nice but expensive I just lowered my shocks and but some better tires on and now I turn full speed and just slide and I only spend 40 bucks for tires instead of a 140 bucks
    Traxxas Slash 2wd Vxl

No matter what you chose,strapping your battery to the bottom is just plain a BAD IDEA!!!!
    @sean 1214 With the price and safety issues involved I hope no one gets hurt.
    You could buy a strc lcg for the price off a lipo.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    if your not worried about staying in race specs try some 12mm wheel spacers to widen it out

RC Racer
    I have the Proline LCG and Proline Pro-track A-arm kit and even on hard bite surfaces I have a hard time making it traction roll. Its very stable for me now, most the time the tires break loose and it slides before rolling.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    the strc kit + 20 for the rustler chassis parts is around 60-70$ The slice b chassis is 70$ on the chuckworks site. dropping the weight of your battery down 2 full inches will do way more than suspension and tire tuning.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???