Thread: Question

RC Champion

Question

I currently own a stampede 2wd..I was thinking of getting the 4x4 stampede or slash platinum..I can get either for same price. I am leaning towards stampede...I just like pedes..how's the 4x4 perform bashing wise over 2wd..what do u guys think?

RC Qualifier
    Th trucks are the same so I would get the Slash because it has some aluminum parts. You can buy the shorter pede chassis, drive shaft and receiver box and have more for flexibility of multiple vehicles. As for 4x4 vs 2WD, not even a comparison. 4x4 is much more controllable and fun.

RC Qualifier
    Slash will limit terrain options...But it's a sweet truck...I plan to get one to go with my 4x4 Pede

RC Qualifier
    Get the Slash and turn it into a Slash mt using 4pede arms, wheels, turnbuckles etc. Many have done that here. Just a thought. Good luck whatever you decide. 2pede and 4pede are both great I couldnt part with either one lol
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

Get the pede dude its one tuff truck out the box and the extra ground clearance is awesome but i do say get the aluminium bearing adaptor part no.6893x and you are ready for some monster truck mayhem man.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    I can get the lipo pede for $399 shipped seems like a great price.. I was also thinking 1/10 summit..decisions decisions..

Just get the pede dude it can be made into all things and its a blast to drive maybe get the summit in the furturepeace

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Th trucks are the same so I would get the Slash because it has some aluminum parts. You can buy the shorter pede chassis, drive shaft and receiver box and have more for flexibility of multiple vehicles. As for 4x4 vs 2WD, not even a comparison. 4x4 is much more controllable and fun.
    I think the differences in the chassis are bigger or have more effect than the aluninuym bits. If I planned on racing I would go with the Slash as there are more likely to be a class to race it in but if I was a basher I would go Pede all the way. Shorter chassis is going to make it more nimble.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    And I have a bunch of custom bodies for my 2wd pede..I just like massiveness of the summit..I had one b4 it was pretty peppy for a big truck with a brushed motor...

RC Qualifier
    Dad, pede chassis and center shaft are $16.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, if its the newer platinum it comes with the GTR shocks. So you get $60 shocks and $60 aluminum bits, which improve durability. You would have to get pede wheels/tires which are a necessary upgrade anyhow IMO and a body, which a lot of people also upgrade anyhow. There are a lot of choices. You'll have fun with any of the trucks you are looking at.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-12-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    The 4x4 are much more controllable. If you driving in an area with road, dirt, med grass, either Stampede or Slash would work. But the Stampede will go more places.
    And 2wd vs 4wd... Both are just as fun.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

You can't go wrong with a Pede. But you might consider the Rally which is similar to the Slash 4wd, only LCG. You can add big tires to make it into a MT.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Any of the cars and trucks the guys have said will fit the bill but its your money so you need to ask yourself what you really need out of your next vehicle and the pros and cons of each....peace

RC Champion
    I like a lot of things bout each...if I can get the summit for low $600's I might get it...I'm gonna sell a mustang and a heli...I saw a comparison video of the pede and summit and wow the summit is massive. Probable should save my loot since I just spentn$700 on an xo-1..

RC Champion
    ok I think Im gonna sell my 2wd vxl pede..any idea what its worth? It was brushed I put a vxl in it, tbone racing front bumper..i only ran it maybe 6 times no scratches never seen mud water..I was gonna add the radio from the new 4x4 to the 2wd pede to make it RTR..so basically its a practically new 2wd vxl pede..I never sold in the market place just trying to get a ballpark.

RC Qualifier
    Throw some pics up.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    Here are some I'm probably gonna keep this body and the trenchers and swap out stock body and tires from 4x4..It's pretty much new no scratches I'm gonna throw in a lipo and maybe the flysky...

Last edited by macz; 05-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.

RC Champion
    U think $270-$300? I can get a new summit for $645 seems like a good price..it's tempting but I'd have to sell this and another rc to get it..

That paint job on that chevy body is super sick dude love it......peace

RC Qualifier
    I know you are looking at new, but most RC typically has about a 60% value once you buy it. Buying a used Summit can save you a lot of money. Selling can be a tough market for Traxxas trucks. Just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    I know you are looking at new, but most RC typically has about a 60% value once you buy it. Buying a used Summit can save you a lot of money. Selling can be a tough market for Traxxas trucks. Just throwing it out there.
    Any rc truck for that matter, not just TRX. Sweet truck tho.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I got it dirt cheap as a new brushed model and I got the Vxl cheap...

RC Qualifier
    I have seen vxl Stampede go as low as $150... ( am radio) .. avg $180-200. But seen a few go $250+. I picked up both a vxl and xl-5 for $240 total local. But not as clean as your truck.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    That is a sick paint job!

RC Champion
    And I have this body

RC Champion
    I'm sorta drooling over a summit

Your paint jobs are so sick dude and i think you need to get yourself a summit before you go crazy man........peace

RC Champion
    Thanks..I have a guy who does them for me at a decent price..

RC Champion
    Also My xo-1 new body came out pretty good..I know it's a pede forum..

RC Champion
    Oh and I made up my mind I'm keeping the 2pde and getting the 4pde..something about pedes it's just a cool truck for a badger!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    Oh and I made up my mind I'm keeping the 2pde and getting the 4pde..something about pedes it's just a cool truck for a badger!!!
    Check your PM man!
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Champion
    Here's the item #181140486470 on fleebay for his paint job..he'll do any body..