RC Competitor

Couldn't stand it

Ok, so I was contemplating the purchase of a new bl e maxx after being out of the hobby for awhile and
    while scouring the Internet looking for "the one", I somehow ended up seeing a video of a Spartan...
    After reading this forum for a week I have lightened my wallet about 825.00 and have a new boat on
    the way. I've never owned a rc boat, but if it's like everything else rc, my wife is gonna hate it

RC Racer
    My wife does hate it. But me and the kids love it. Welcome to the club and have fun.

E-Maxx. Spartan. 4x4 slash. 2x4 slash x 3. Mini revo and summit
    E-Maxx kershaw 700`s 4x2 slash 4x4 slash vxl

RC Competitor
    Thank you sir, I'll save the questions until next week.
    Watch this....

RC Qualifier
    i'm glad to know i'm that the only who's wife hates their hobby LOL i am a month old owner and i am loving it! welcome to the world of boating have fun.i hope to get mine out this weekend

RC Champion
    Welcome to rc boating and the Traxxas forum. It can be an addiction but it is a good one.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I'M HOOKED LOL that's for sure

RC Enthusiast
    My wife hates it too. Maybe we could get them all together where they could complain about it. And we don't have to hear it. It would give us uninterrupted time to enjoy our hobby.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm hooked already and haven't even laid eyes on it. I think I'm through ordering all
    The upgrades I can afford for now, but I think I'll wait until I have it all in my hands before I ask her for anything .lol
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-12-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Removed sexist comment.
    Watch this....

RC Qualifier
    It's to bad your wives hate RC. Mine goes with me quite often. She even has her own Summit 4x4 she uses when I play with my Emax. When I play with my boat or helicopters, she likes to watch.

RC Competitor
    It's not that my wife hates RC, she enjoys watching them run. What she hates is the money spent on them
    Watch this....

RC Champion
    My wife doesn't drive an rc but really supports the hobby with me, my children and grand children, we all have rc stuff, cars, boats and planes.

Today will be especially great as the whole family will be here today on this special day for mothers......

Happy mothers day to all the moms out there, whether you approve of RCing or not... We still love you because you are who you are!!!!!
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Kudos Orca44.
    I second that.
    and two thumbs waaaay up!
    hog

RC Qualifier
    Yup... we should create a forum for the wives to get on and complain about the time and money invested in this hobby. I tell mine, at least you know where I'm at and what I'm doing
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Champion
    You have to buy one for the wife and when she says "what am I going to do with it" you reply " well if you don't like it you can give it to me!!!!! LOL
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    i really like that idea orca i might just have to do that lol and if she decides she doesn't want it i'll have 2

RC Competitor
    Or 3 or 4... lol
    Watch this....

RC Champion
    My dear and lovely wife of 42 years actually said " so that's how were going to do this, two can play that game" and bought me a new dress and shoes.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    I hear ya orca, I just call it a "man purse" if my buddies ask.

I had my maiden voyage today and thanks to all the great advice it was super smooth. Only ended up with maybe a teaspoon of water inside and it ran like a top
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-20-2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: merge
    Watch this....

RC Qualifier
    you should of took them and acted like you were gonna try them on just to see the look on her face priceless lol

RC Champion
    Happy to hear all went well... How many packs of batteries did you run through it and what size batteries did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by hopduperevo View Post
    you should of took them and acted like you were gonna try them on just to see the look on her face priceless lol
    She would have said, if you do we go out to dinner that way.....LOL
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    I ended up going with 5000 mah 3s power cells. I went through 3 sets, checking temps and greasing in between each set. It was 91 here today and the motor and esc stayed fairly close in temperature, in between 100 and 110.

I was surprised at how quick the flex shaft goes dry. Also, I was running in-between the stock prop and a cnc x442
    Watch this....

RC Champion
    Those are some real decent motor and ESC temps considering the air temperature being 91. The water must have been a lot cooler.

And yes the old flex shaft on 6s will get dry and need regreasing just about every run.

I don't have a CNC x442 yet... Mine are the standard Octura x442's. Just another of the many things on the to do list...

Again glad it went well for you.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Man, 42 years that's great. My parents have been married for 65, and my wife and I have been married for 28.

RC Competitor
    Agree w/ RegularDude, 42 years is something you don't see much anymore, 16 years here and the honey-do's haven't let up yet.

Not to worry, I'm not going to let them get in the way of my "boat fever"
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-21-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: merge
    Watch this....

RC Qualifier
    I just got my CNC x442 from Jan, really nice piece of work! I will have to try it out now that I am finally happy with the results on my octura x442. Its fun to try different props, next up are an Octura x647 and CNC x442.

RC Champion
    Pay close attention to motor and ESC temperatures when you use the x647, that is a lot of prop for a Spartan with stock ESC....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I meant x642, but your right, additional caution for potential higher temps regardless. I am also running a 180 ESC which also helps.

RC Champion
    You had a nice 52 mph run with the new x442... The CNC version correct?

And I think you will do fine with the x642 with the upgraded speed control... I don't think the X642 will give you any more top speed, but maybe a little.

The X642 will get on plane a little quicker and come out of turns faster also.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis