Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

DiggerPede's XO-1

I just made a purchase from Tower for an XO-1. I will soon be part of this crazy area. LOL I picked it up for a heck of a deal. I would have never purchased one for much more than what I got this puppy for.

This might be more of a SQ than anything. But my plans are to have fun with it though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    even at 6 bills, i cant afford 1. i will have to live vicariously thru u lol
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    if I have the $$ I would have pull the trigger too. congrats!! your gonna have a blast with it.
    traxxas 4 life

The XO came in yesterday!! YAY!! But......but.....its still in the tower box and hasnt been touched. Came home mowed the yard, then watched the 'American Idol' results show from Thursday night. The little guy was asleep when I came out of the shower anyways. I want him to see me unboxing it. He's a trip seeing new RC's. You have to have a youngster to know that feeling.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    The XO came in yesterday!! YAY!! But......but.....its still in the tower box and hasnt been touched. Came home mowed the yard, then watched the 'American Idol' results show from Thursday night. The little guy was asleep when I came out of the shower anyways. I want him to see me unboxing it. He's a trip seeing new RC's. You have to have a youngster to know that feeling.
    congrats DiggerPede glad to see you here on 100mph club

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    DP got an XO! Huh ohhh look out!! Curious to see what you do with that. Some crazies on this forum branch. That is one sick car. Kinda like a crash on the Autobahn when things go wrong, though....

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Thanks guys. I'm ubber excited to unbox this. I have plans to take the wife and kiddos to Buffalo Wild Wings for supper and hang around the city for a little bit. Then when we get home, hoping wee-man is still awake and bust into it. LOL

I've spent a few bucks the past week. Bought the little guy a governed 125cc quad to start out on. He doesnt know, and will be surprised one day when it shows up. The baby girl got a nastalgia kitchen. Also going to get the wonderful wife something to. She's been wanting the 4th Gen iPad.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Congrats! A word of warning: you keep this up and you may receive applications for adoption from a few of our members.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Congrats! A word of warning: you keep this up and you may receive applications for adoption from a few of our members.
    I was just about to ask if he was adopting! So.... are you digger?
    Jeremy

Ya'll are funny!

::: Rules of Adoption :::

1.) You have to play nice
    2.) You have to share
    3.) You have to adhere to rule 1 & 2 or time out

BTW. I finally unboxed the XO yesterday. It is simply amazing. I'm very impressed with the looks and ENG that went into it. Yeah I see a few things that need to be addressed, but I can fix those fairly easy. The wee-man was more excited than me unboxing it. LOL He tells momma this Racecar is really, really, really FAST!!! Momma goes and how do you know that. He goes I JUST KNOW!!! LOL

I'm going to fix those little lose areas, charge up some packs, and find an open parking lot to get the feel of it. I'm super ecstatic. Yesterday was my Fatigue day from work, the wife had me catch up on some honey-doo's in the yard. I'll see if I can get some picks of it tonight. I'll do a thread on it, just to keep all my stuff in one area.

Nobody even has a clue as to which color I purchased either. LOLOL
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 05-20-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: I can't spell for beans!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    My son was the same way when I got mine. We were both really excited. He still talks it up to his friends.
    Jeremy

I couldnt stand it anymore. I took the XO for a spin on the road in front of my house. This thing is simply amazing. BTW I did a few of the FOD mods of tightening up the slop in the front end. I also double checked all the fasteners to be sure they wree hunkered down. Oh and I put o-rings on the axle nut that holds the 17mm wheel hex down to cut down vibration. I spend about an hour taking care of this and looking in awe. The funny thing is i've never noticed so much slow before, if it was because they were noted so well over here or I just looked past it most of the time. I wish I could have used the flanged bearings for the area the shoulder bolts are for the front bearing carriers. I don't have the tools at the house to reem the hole out.

Anyways I ran the car up and down the street for about 10 passes and hit 42mph per the telemetry. I can now see myself opening the car up for more speed. I have a running track that should be smooth to take her to more speed. I'm excited now. The wife goes well you can go to the track with me now. Iike YAY!!!!!

I see what everyone is talking about this thing is a beast, not only to drive but to look at.

....maybe some pics later on today......
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    What, no video??? Don't you know we like videos around here?
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    Or at least some pics, are you going to try to break a speed record or will it just be a go fast car?
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    Or at least some pics, are you going to try to break a speed record or will it just be a go fast car?
    I drove it for the second time today and got so into having fun with it that I didn't film or take any pics. Let me see if I can take care of that here in the next couple of days.

I got called in to work twice this holiday weekend, lucky I was off today. I have some time to use so I'm working tomorrow and taking the rest of the week off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I finally got a chance to take the XO for a good run. I charged up the 2 stock packs and blasted around the track down the road from my house. I really like the rubber ground as it has very good traction, plus i'm thinking this will be easier on my treads to. After a few runs the tires got stickier and reacted very well. It totally handles better up to speed. Anyways to a couple of pics:

Under the lid:

Stock gearing and still locked. I'm going to piddle with this for a little bit until I unlock it. My first impressions after running this, I felt it was fast enough for my blood and i'd just leave it alone. Not so now!! LOL After getting a hold of this more and enjoying the place i'm running after a few more times at this track i'm going to go for more. haha

Here she is ready to roll:

Pics of my runway, LOL Not a bad area at all. The outer edge towards the stands it has a little bit of a dropoff. The inside lane is pretty much field level. Its kinda hard to see this dark gray against the black road if you are in the stands. I tried taking it all the way around, it was hard to judge how much road you had. I was thinking maybe add some pinstriping to it. Or possibly painting up a new brighter shell.

Everything stock and the car was pulling 53mph max with the telemtry (yeah i know that's not totally acurate). I did strap my phone on the car and used *ulysse speedometer* to double check the speed via GPS and it recorded 51mph max. This was after about 15 minutes worth of running. NICE!!!

I can't wait to get her back to the track and run again. BTW my little boy and a random older guy had fun watching me run this car. The guy was simply amazed at the speed this things run at...
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    FYI if u unlock the ESC doesn't mean u will go faster than the 50 mph.
    Mine is unlocked with stock pinion, and I get just over 50 mph.
    with stock pinion doesn't matter if licked or unlocked.
    I unlocked mine - just because.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDtheOgre View Post
    FYI if u unlock the ESC doesn't mean u will go faster than the 50 mph.
    Mine is unlocked with stock pinion, and I get just over 50 mph.
    with stock pinion doesn't matter if licked or unlocked.
    I unlocked mine - just because.
    Yep I know that. I have the pinion to change out and unlock it to do in the future.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    That is a really good idea running the car on that track. I just happen to know of such a place around here. Thanks

RC Racer
    I want to run on the local race track, they should let me.
    My brothers and myself use to race on that track(real race cars)

RC Champion
    I've run my old Rustler on a track before. Plenty of grip and decent straights.

Painting Up A New Body

New XO Body and some brighter colors. I'm hoping this will come together nicely.

Wing & Some Decals

.....and the secret paints by Spaz Stix

I scuffed the body, and getting it prepped for paint. Hopefully one day this week. I have to mask off my design.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Can't wait to see it painted up!! I'm thinking XO-1 now, too.

RC Enthusiast
    Great to have you onboard DiggerPede!

I ran my car on a track similar to the one you showed. Just be careful. The track may have a little curb at the edge - sometimes both edges. These curbs are nasty. I crashed my car ever so slightly into this curb and guess what? Yup, smashed the front pretty well. Have since glued it up and waiting for replacement : (

Yep it has a nasty edge on it. I'm real careful about going off the track. Luckily the one time I did it flew and landed in the grass. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

That track would be awesome to race on, should be very high traction.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    That track would be awesome to race on, should be very high traction.
    It has very good traction. I havent driven this thing in a while either. I'm getting the itch again......Now for the weather to cooperate.

I still havent done anything to that lid yet. Just need to find some spare time to work on it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Looks good!!! I will have mine shortly...
    PROJECT XO-1 IS UNDERWAY...

ahhh man, I had no idea u had an XO. Love it! I want one of my own. Btw.. Wheres the shell painted?
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    ahhh man, I had no idea u had an XO. Love it! I want one of my own. Btw.. Wheres the shell painted?
    Still no Painted Shell. LOL

From one excuse to another! This time i'm working a bunch, seriously. Past 3 weekends in a row. Now the sucky part is we are back to Std Time. So our daylight hours are shorter. During the week i'll go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. It will all be done on my weekends now on. Hopefully I'll start getting them back so the little guy and I can bash again.

I have a suprise for him. I'm building him a Rusty or using the chassis for a LCG Slash.

BTW LooT if you like speed you will definitely love one of these. Sad to say i've dumped hardly anything in this machine and the original cost was double what my other were. But ive put way more $$$ in them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore