Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xo-1 for $600!

RC Qualifier
    what is MFA???

RC Champion
    Market fairness act, Sales taxes on online transactions are on the way.

RC poster
    this might be the best time for LHS to stock up a few XO on their shelf for Christmas LOL.
    traxxas 4 life

Or maybe Traxxas sales are dropping bc they are expensive compare what they use to offer years ago. The rustler was on of he cheapest rtrs on the market(10years+ago) and now the xl5 is almost as much as other brands more modern and better equipped brushless rtrs. Not trying to bash traxxas in anyway but it was the affordability and toughest that traxxas kits had that made traxxas big as it is.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    I agree - Im a HUGE Traxxas Fan Boy - I own nothing else - but their prices have been out of control lately... The E-Revo was an expensive, amazing truck at $600 - now - its almost $1000 when you add Lipos...

Now, out of nowhere, the XO-1 is $600 with some membership and coupons...?? What the heck is going on?
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by MAYOR VXL View Post
    What the heck is going on?
    It's not just R/C cars, prices for just about everything have been going up incredibly fast. Food, 1:1 vehicles (auto mobiles, snowmobiles, boats, etc.), building materials, etc., etc., etc. There are some exceptions (e.g. televisions, computers, etc.), but on the whole, prices have only been going up for most things.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    It's not just R/C cars, prices for just about everything have been going up incredibly fast. Food, 1:1 vehicles (auto mobiles, snowmobiles, boats, etc.), building materials, etc., etc., etc. There are some exceptions (e.g. televisions, computers, etc.), but on the whole, prices have only been going up for most things.
    Yep, and the only reason the price increases feel so drastic to us consumers is because our wages don't increase at the same rate. And let's not forget the constantly rising price of oil (gas price is up to 129.9 per liter where I live), as it is directly related to the price increases of anything that is made of plastic, as plastic is a petroleum based product.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Champion
    I agree however most other brands have been staying the same or getting even cheaper over this past half year. I think Traxxas should make price one of their priorities now as hobby shops arent even reccomending traxxas vehicles now to beginners, as they cost too much.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    I ve always felt that traxxas should offer their kits as build it yourself like what Tamiya does and what axial does, offer kits as build it yourself and add your own radio and batteries.

offer it with or without the ESC and motor as the only electronics

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    I agree however most other brands have been staying the same or getting even cheaper over this past half year. I think Traxxas should make price one of their priorities now as hobby shops arent even reccomending traxxas vehicles now to beginners, as they cost too much.

I have to agree! I just got back from a hobby shop and they are slimming there inventory down to almost nothing of Traxxas because of the price. I was told if i wanted something that was Traxxas i would have to pre order it because they do not stock 80% of Traxxas stuff anymore. They figure "if" you want it you can just pre order it then!! Less hassle for them is the way they see it rather than it just sit on the shelf and collect dust because if the HIGH price! another thing to think about when the XO-1 first came out it was near $1,000.00 dollars for it, and now you can get it for $600.00 dollars! Did the price to make these go down by a ton or were they just making a killing on these for the last couple years? I know a lot of people are mad because the price went down because they bought it at the old price and now that the XO-1 hit the bottom of the floor in price they feel ripped off and betrayed! Almost a slap in the face if you will.

RC Champion
    man its almost sad to walk in my LHS period!!! they stock very few traxxas products but the one's they do have are OVERPRICED...I went to purchase a 2075 servo the other day and the price was $35!!! now, on the way there I knew I would pay a lil over ebay prices but I needed the servo immediately at the time but when I seen a $35 price tag...I told them to "put it back, i'll find it on ebay" and I did for $22 shipped

don't kno if that's traxxas prices or what???

RC Qualifier
    I know I would have been very upset if I paid $1000 for one. I always felt that the X0-1 was a car that only served a small audience. I wonder just how many of these they actually sold and what they expected to sell. And NO you can't buy one of these for $600 out the door unless your a Tower Gold Member that has spent a lot of money with them, then they send you the code for $100 off a purchase of a certain $$ amount.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    man its almost sad to walk in my LHS period!!! they stock very few traxxas products but the one's they do have are OVERPRICED...I went to purchase a 2075 servo the other day and the price was $35!!! now, on the way there I knew I would pay a lil over ebay prices but I needed the servo immediately at the time but when I seen a $35 price tag...I told them to "put it back, i'll find it on ebay" and I did for $22 shipped

don't kno if that's traxxas prices or what???

I have to agree there as well! I am not sure if it is the hobby shops prices or Trassas prices! Maybe both for all i know!! I love to support my local hobby shop to help them stay afloat during these hard times but at these prices i go on Ebay because at the end of the day i am the one that has to put food in my mouth! At the price tags on stuff that the hobby shop is asking i really need to wear a diaper when i ask them how much it is. I feel sorry for them but it is what it is, my family and i come first!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nissanguy8 View Post
    I know I would have been very upset if I paid $1000 for one. I always felt that the X0-1 was a car that only served a small audience. I wonder just how many of these they actually sold and what they expected to sell. And NO you can't buy one of these for $600 out the door unless your a Tower Gold Member that has spent a lot of money with them, then they send you the code for $100 off a purchase of a certain $$ amount.
    I know a lot of people that are very upset at the price drop! It is like the stock market on these things went through the floor!! Kinda like the housing market! The bad side to have one if you were one of the people that paid $1,000.00 dollars the value of it just took a real big nose dive! The plus side is that you "should" be able to get prices cheaper now. But still most have not yet done that, at least on Ebay except for one single seller. Most other sellers that are on Ebay and have there own web site off of Ebay are still at the old HIGH priced XO-1 prices!!
    Last edited by Double G; 05-18-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Would be nice to see a price drop on the e-revo brushless too. I would pick one up for sure, but at its current price its just not going to happen.

RC Racer
    I don't see the price drops as a stab in the back. Alot of things drop in price after their newness wears off. Nows the time to buy a second for spare parts I agree with the local hobby shop prices though, mine are usually outrageous. Most of the time I go in there for parts they don't have what I need.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMendo21 View Post
    Would be nice to see a price drop on the e-revo brushless too. I would pick one up for sure, but at its current price its just not going to happen.
    They say an engagement ring "should" be 2 months of your salary to figure out how much to spend on the ring! I think that saying goes for RC cars too!!

Quote Originally Posted by XO1EXTREMESPEED View Post
    They say an engagement ring "should" be 2 months of your salary to figure out how much to spend on the ring!
    That a load that the jewelers came up with to help their profits. My wife's ring cost one paycheck and she loved it. If all a woman cares about is the size of the rock then she'll not care much about the marriage and in the end it will cost you more than two months salary. And there goes your RC budget.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    That a load that the jewelers came up with to help their profits. My wife's ring cost one paycheck and she loved it. If all a woman cares about is the size of the rock then she'll not care much about the marriage and in the end it will cost you more than two months salary. And there goes your RC budget.
    I like your thinking on that one BUT is she ever found out here ring ever cost less than an Rc car i would hate to see what happens then?!?!?!? Good thinking though!!

RC Qualifier
    Enjoyed reading this thread.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC poster
    Everyone seems to be speculating about the price drops so here's my shot (PURE SPECULATION).
    I'm thinking they are getting ready to move to their new facility (in Mckinney, Texas), reducing inventory so they have less to move, and generating some extra funds to help with the move.

As I said this is pure speculation on my part and may be the farthest thing from the actual truth.

Do a web search for TRAXXAS NEW FACILITY and you will find several articles.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...oving-6967.ece

I don't think it's traxxas new facility . Traxxas prices are very high for what they come with. Alot of people cannot afford even the 2wd or minis. Traxxas use to be the cheapest in price when I started. I can understand if new 2wd electric were base of the jato but not a design since 1994. I love traxxas all I got(vintage now) but they are too expensive!
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 05-19-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    The xo-1's are back in stock on tower

RC Competitor
    i put the 10425 code in
    and t says
    SAVE $105 on $700.00 ORDER ( Message displayed in US Dollars)
    Applied during checkout process if this order qualifies

but in the cart it did not deduct 105 i called them and thery said they emaill evreyone a specific code is it true?

RC Qualifier
    You must be a gold member to save $105. Anyways the ebay version of Towers has it for $664.99 free shipping all colors in stock.

As much as we dislike Traxxas's high prices, they are still better than the cheaper competition. IMO their plastics are best in class and most importantly for entry level is... parts availability . I can't recommend any other brands for this very reason. Kids break RCs in an instant, for a Traxxas car it's a LHS trip and the parts are pretty cheap. But for a off brand RC it's 2 weeks and to a kid, that's a lifetime.

So even tho Traxxas are not the best handling RCs and cost more I'll stick with them for the CS and parts availability. The back end of RC ownership is where Traxxas excels. I'd never buy a off brand RC, once you have it you're on your own.

RC Qualifier
    yea, I think only gold members can use those codes, so you just can't give it to anyone.

RC Competitor
    Somebody gave me a code it worked it deducted that money but I'm
    Afraid to use it incase they get emailed and they change the shipping address or decline it

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I'll PayPal *ANYONE* $630 if you order it and have them ship it directly to me!
    I would be happy to do it, if we can figure the logistics out.

RC Enthusiast
    No, The code is universal. Just for poops and haha's I asked my brother in law what his code is/was, and they are the same.

Maybe traxxas is selling down inventory because Christmas is over and sales are slow.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    The code will only work if you are a gold member. If you are then PM your # to me and what time I can call you after 7 pm Central time. I would PM you but my phone is acting up.
    XO-1 #4...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'm kinda curious if they are getting rid of stock because they have Lipo included in the box to. Maybe roll out models with fresh new packs. You know some of them have been sitting in boxes for a little while now possibly.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Thats nice the price went down and all but as you see in some videos i'd be the first one to flip it and tear it apart on the first run lol if it can go off road it aint for me lol
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly630 View Post
    Thats nice the price went down and all but as you see in some videos i'd be the first one to flip it and tear it apart on the first run lol if it can go off road it aint for me lol
    You can flip it and it will be just fine, it does not hurt it a bit other than road rash! I have the 8S set up and i can assure you that you can make it flip, do hand stands and back flips too!! I recently did a bashing session with my 8S set up and one of the wire failed at the solder joint and caused it to arch and take out my Mamba XL2 in less than 5 minutes! I sent it into Castle and i got a new one in 9 days and now it is up and running! I also blew the tire in the first minute of the video and i did not realize why i was having sooooooooo many problems with the body catching until the very end of the video! I "might" not bash it anymore and just go for it's very first speed run. Time to stretch her legs out. This time i soldered the connects myself instead of my local Hobby shop resoldering it again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab3lIDIKRI0

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I'm kinda curious if they are getting rid of stock because they have Lipo included in the box to. Maybe roll out models with fresh new packs. You know some of them have been sitting in boxes for a little while now possibly.
    It's a sound theory, XO-1s released in Dec 2011, I wonder how the batts are charged at shipment.

RC Racer
    I am sure the storage charge the batteries. Not sure how old mine was, but the batteries seem fine. On my icharger 206b one has an internal resistance of 4-6-4 and the other is 3-3-4.

I checked my packs last night and the cells were still in good storage. 3.86, 3.85, 3.84 both packs @ 11.5v.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    since XO-1 lowered its price way down, the XO-1 forum just got busy.

RC Racer
    Hopefully now the aftermarket will start building some parts.

I finally ran mine for 30 minutes earlier today. This machine is a blast. I ran it at a funeral home by my sister's house. They have a big paved parking lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Im new to the forum, I joined after I bought a used Slash 2WD, and June 1 my LHS said they could get them at $700 each, saves me money since I don't have to worry about border fees and such.

My slash is capable of 70mph+, if the calculations are right.