Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    "Proline commando beadlock wheels with proline masher tires" is this the wheels on the right on your lineup? they look sweet!

RC Champion
    Yes, Those are the ones. Keep in mind this combo is pretty heavy. Over 1 pound each.

RC Champion
    Change of plans on the front bumper/brush guard. Looks like the rpm bumper has gone back to the grave. lol So I Figured I would engineer a strong spring loaded shock absorbing front bumper skid set up. This works great on the rear so I decided to do the front. Found the perfect springs at the hardware store yesterday. First I hooked the bottom of the springs to the hindge pin support (a good spot) but quickly realized it would probably end up pulling the pins out of the clips in the back side so I Drilled a couple holes in the bulk with a cross pc to anchor the bottom The combination of the springy titanium skid and the springs holding the bumper down onto it make a really strong shock absorber.

Havent tried it in the real world yet but im no weakling and grabbing the roll bar and pushing back on the skid and bumper with the palm of my hand tells me it should work good. Very hard to push it back and pops right back into place. I love it. One of my better crazy ideas. Screwing the rpm skid to the ti skid also strengthened it considerably and will keep the dirt from packing in there.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 05-25-2013 at 09:15 AM.

RC Champion
    Heres a little demo vid of my spring loaded shock absorbing bumper/skid mod. These are cpm ti skids. Not the strongest ones in the world but flexible and working in conjuction with the spring loaded bumper makes a nice shock absorbing set up.
    I slammed this thing pretty hard into a wooden bench several times to test its strength. Nothing bent or broken. And the bumpers still in the proper position. I like it. Cant wait to try it. Raining today Sorry the video is a little lame. Hard to keep the vid glasses pointed at it in the right spot up close.

Try doing that with an alum. skid.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 05-25-2013 at 02:00 PM.

RC Champion
    I also drop slammed it on the roof of the cage a few times. The only thing that happened was one of the taller rear roll cage supports #40 came out of the little groove on top due to the cushioning at the bottom so I will have to fix that from happening. Im shore I can figure something out. Maybe just have make the groove a little deeper like I should have to begin with. lol

Interesting mod...nice!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I thought I would find a small box and start putting all my broken maxx parts in it.

The rpm brush guard has been put back to rest.
    The stock diffs gave up the fight after about 10 runs. Died due to pinion bearing failure.
    The 1/8th rear diff gears passed away suddenly on a 6s pavement run.
    The stock driveshafts died from Broken and twisted yokes and shafts.
    The skids didn't break, but just cant take the constant abuse and have also been laid to rest.

RC Qualifier
    Nice idea with the box. I just bin my broken parts. Recently had to replace front RPM Bumper & Spur Gear after a particularly hard nose-on landing!
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    Broke a rpm bumper! Must have been a hard one. lol Getting ready to test out my shock absorbing bumper set up soon. Too cold out for my old bones today plus I need to make a bigger jump. I played around in my shop for a little while and modified some traxxas wheelie bar wheels this time with some bigger stronger bearings. Ill post some pics soon.

RC Champion
    Heres a bearing mod for the traxxas wheelie bar wheels. I drilled out the wheels to 10mm and replaced the smaller 5x8x2.5mm with 5x10x4mm flanged bearings and cut an alum. bellcrank post with the threads drilled out for a spacer. Going to put these on my other rig.

Nice mate...enjoying the mods .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, I think I have just about run out of things to mod. lol I haven't even tried it yet and already Looking forward to rebuilding this thing with all the stronger stuff. diffs,axles,ect. Going to give it a run today and see how it holds up.

RC Champion
    Gave it a little crash test today. Heres a little vid. Mostly me walking over to turn it right side up. Made a little jump but if I hit it fast it noses over. good for crash testing. lol Need to make a bigger one,wider so I can hit it. lol and not so much of a kick on the end. I was happy to see no real damage after this and another twenty minutes of landing on the roof,nose,and back.
    My shock absorbing bumper set up works awesome. I crashed, tumbled, cartwheeled several times and they held up nicly.

Links doesn't want to work for me...can't see the vid.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Don't know what happened mate ,it works for me. Was having trouble downloading vids. I didn't remember how I did it before. Computers definetly not my thing. lol Just tried to download some more of the same run but failed? You not missing a whole lot but it did show a few good hits with no broken results. Ill try to get it to work.

No worries mate...I tried from my home computer and its working. I like the look of your truck...good to know nothings broken.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, The shorter bodys are good for bashing. Need to get some kind of locking body clips though.
    and strap or oring the wheelie bar. Spent half the time putting those two things back together. Took a bit of a beating and held up well. Not bad.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 05-31-2013 at 07:20 PM.

RC Champion
    To keep the wheelie bar from coming unhooked and hanging down I put a couple 0rings around it. And to keep it from locking into the lower positions after a hit I put a couple zip ties around the rest of the positions. Works great.
    And for the body clips I think I will just try pushing them all the way on into the end of the clip. They hold much stronger that way.

I also like these banzia wheelie bar wheels that I modded with some bearings. Good for bashing. the skinnier rubber tires on the small wheels allow the rubber tire to fold over and take a hit with out as much risk of bending the screw. and they fit nice and tight on the wheel and stay on good.

RC Champion
    A little body protection made from a chunk of dense foam I found in the sporting section of a store. Its an exersize block for doing yoga. LOL If you could have seen the look on the cashiers face when I bought it. I guess I don't look like the type that does yoga. Cut a couple pcs to fit front and rear and a radius grinding wheel to grind some grooves in them to fit into cage.
    This will hopefully prolong the life of the body a little bit.

The front is still perfect but the rear corners take a beating.

RC Champion

I give up, Made a little vid today but can not get it to upload to photobucket! Just waited for ever for it to come back and say (hmmmm something didn't click) But anyway a good couple runs today on 4s. I beat the crap out of this thing and nothing broke. Even slammed into a tree head on, Wasnt going real fast but enough for a good smack. My shock absorbing bumper set up works really good. lol Better than my depth perception. The wheelie bar mod is great. No more messing with it constantly. Always goes back to the highest spot. And simply pushing the body clips all the way on held good. Couple hard hits on the roof. I added a little extension to my jump to keep it from sending the rear over the front. Works good now, Was getting about 15 feet long jumps a couple feet high. Nothing huge but level flight and landing on 4 wheels most of the time. I need to make a bigger one, wider than two feet so I can hit it easier and taller and more speed to send it far! The foam cushions work good. I also modified the cushioned roll cage support tubes so they stay in place. Just a little deeper groove in the end pcs that hook to cage with a oring tying them to the shock tower supports just in case. I think the way I have built and braced this thing is a pretty good recipe for a stock chassis basher. Ill try to get another vid of it in action.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 06-16-2013 at 06:34 PM.

RC Champion
    I just went back and looked in my photobucket library. Its there lol I guess it downloaded after all.

RC Qualifier
    Nice. Always great when a plan comes together.

RC Champion
    Thanks mugs, Ive been putting some parts together to make it even stronger. Got a set of HCR titanium skids on e-bay, Not much different than the anca ones on it exept with a little lip in front of the bumper. got the front one used but still good for 99 cents and 3.00 s+h. A steal. also got some ofna spyder diffs, thinking of some ue ultralite cases to put them in. losi xxl shafts are waiting along with bigger bearing mods. And a set of ti22 titanium beadlock wheels w/3.2 maxx masher tires for some traction. Going to try to keep it as light as I can.

Love the look of your truck there in post #60....
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Thanks mate, I love these older shorter bodys on the new extended maxx. Gives it a really cool look imo. And great for bashing as they leave a little room between the body and the bumpers.

RC Champion
    Started this reply the other day and computer went down. Just got done cleaning it up after another beating in the backyard. It survived again. 4s full throttle half the time. Still have it geared 17-68 so temps are good motor 132 deg. esc a little less. A few more crashes and small cartwheels and only thing happen is somewhere out in my backyard theres a little banzi rubber wheelie bar wheel. lol and the back of the body is a little more crunched. Going to start another build soon and probably end up using the motor and tranny from this one to complete it.

RC Qualifier
    Looking forward to see your next build. Things been so busy at work this end lately that I have had very little time to spend on my current project. Hopefully I can get back on to completing it soon.

RC Champion
    I hear ya, Havent had a whole lotta time to play with my toys either. Been putting together a bunch of parts though. Getting ready to pull the hammer on some stuff from UE to get it started. Good to hear from ya.

RC Champion
    Today I swapped out the 17t pinion for a 20t w/68t spur to give it a try. Not a big difference,but a little faster I guess. I ran the crap out of this thing. hard Full throttle half the time. A few crashes and tumbles, Still holding up, nothing broke. YET motor temp was 150 deg. esc 112 deg.
    I did hear a little clicking noise for a brief couple moments so it might almost be time to put the hybrids in it, maybe the losi axles too. But the traxxas cvds have been holding up good so far. about 10-12 4s runs. Hard runs too.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-21-2013 at 08:04 PM.

RC Racer
    I have that same roll cage. What is the point of bracing it?

RC Champion
    To keep it from crunching the little blower fan when it crashes on the roof.

RC Enthusiast
    What diff case are those ? thank you

RC Champion
    There integy alum. diff cases. Don't remember the # These ones only blue
    http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Gear_...4092silver.htm
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-24-2013 at 07:49 PM.

RC Champion
    Got a little time for my rc fix today. Took this one out and gave it a good punishing. Hard 4s run. Still going, nothing broke.
    I did notice the rear shafts where they go into the diff are getting pretty sloppy. Clutch slipping just a little (probably what has saved it thus far) Still wheelies pretty good so it cant be that loose. Cant see the little blower belt in there so it either broke or fell off like last time. Must be getting weak and stretched.

RC Champion
    I didn't realize you had this build. So you have three E-Maxx's and a possible G-Maxx now?
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    yep, This was my first e-maxx 3908 I bought new the winter before last. Ive gone crazy with these things ever since. lol
    My goal on this one was to make a stock chassis basher that would stay in one pc. So far the structure has held up nice.
    a couple of the traxxas cvds look slightly bent and the alum cupped and cased stock diffs probably not long for this world but this thing has taken some pretty good beatings and still going strong. Ive got the first set of flm hybrids I built for my roadmaxx and some more losi axles for it when the time comes.

RC Champion
    That's good! I'm going to do one more build with all the extra parts that I have laying around and call it quits on new E-Maxx builds lol..
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    Me too. I think my latest project is going to be my last for a while. Ive spent a small fortune on these things. lol

RC Racer
    EMAXXBRUSHLESS you have helped me in several threads you have done and even replied to a couple of mine personally. I have an offer for you, and I am saying this publicly just so you know its on the up and up. I am so new to the E-Maxx line I am having a **** of a time figuring out what parts to buy and or what I need to get better diffs in my truck. I practically need someone to give me a shopping list of what I need to do. I have a (and I might be wrong) A 3905 that has the larger drive shafts with blue boots, but it was originally a Dual Brushed, now converted to single motor Brushless Mamba Monster / 2200kv Castle motor. I keep blowing the stock diffs up. I have a Treat for your Mustang to give it that extra PUNCH when you need it. Its a really simple bolt on mod. A Complete ZEX Nitrous Kit for Fuel Injected cars. IIRC Your Mustang makes about 240hp and 290lbs of torque stock. It'll punch it up to 340hp and 400lbs of torque. Only thing you would need to pick up is the bottle itself. I'll trade it straight across for whatever is needed to put those super sexy aluminum diffs with the 6 dog bones and related cups, into my E-Maxx. Used from an old rig, whatever would be fine. Nice thing about this Zex kit is all the solenoids and such are built into a single Nitrous Brain about the size of an MSD 6AL Box. So it can be hidden and the nitrous lines can be tucked into a pipe about the size of a PCV hose for a stealth install. (so it won't show on collector status cars)

I'll even drop ship it first, to your door.

Is this something you might be interested in?

RC Champion
    wow, I appreciate the offer capt. and more than willing to try to help you out with diffs. But my mustang is carburated for one thing and im not a big fan of nos. It already has gt40 iron heads, edlebrock RPM intake, Crane cam, holly 670 carb, msd distributor and ignition box true 2 1/2" dual exhaust and a whole bunch of other stuff. Probably pushing somewhere close to 300 hp. Always wanted to put an old roots style blower on it but never had the money. Just as well because the motor it still runs great.
    As far as some stronger diffs for your emaxx I would suggest getting a set of the flm ultimate hybrid bulks. They come with 1/8th scale diffs and use bigger pinion bearings that hold up a whole lot better than the stock ones. You will need to get some xtra 13x16mm shims to shim the diffs for proper gear mesh. you can do a search on diff shimming and find some good info on how to do it.
    Thanks for the offer, If you have any more ?'s ill be glad to try to help you out.