Thread: Glow plugs

RC Enthusiast

Glow plugs

I'm having an ongoing problem with my glow plugs failing, can someone answer the following questions 1. Will using 3 in 1 oil on the air filter cause glow plugs to fail? 2. Will driving in a field with average length grass (1" high) and up a hill so the car struggles to build revs in second gear cause glow plug failure? 3 what glow plugs fit my 3.3, I want to try hot glow plugs but eBay has thousands of variations (there are no traxxas own brand hot plugs on eBay that are in England) I have been buying #3232x they last. About 3 tanks!

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    the stock plugs should work fine they always have for me, the only reason plugs dont last long is because of tune, either your to lean or to rich, either way itll wear out a plug fast....

FYI the traxxas plugs for me last well over a gallon of fuel and still usually work fine when i swap them out, for the last 2 years ive been using mccoy mc-59 plugs because thats what i use in all my other nitros, so i can stock up on one plug for all 3 my nitros... i really like mccoy plugs and ive tried every plug on the market, they hold a tune well, fire well, and they last a really long time....

mc-59 for anything 20% nitro and below
    mc-8 for anyhting above 20% nitro
    Last edited by kuskye25; 05-10-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome thanks, are plugs a universal size then?

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by moonisamug View Post
    Awesome thanks, are plugs a universal size then?
    most are what youd call universal but not all... there are a few different kinds that would not work in a standard nitro engine, such as turbo plugs "only for turbo heads", or a plug for a 4 stroke and so on, as long as you buy standard plugs youll be fine

the mccoys i suggested are standard plugs, and so are most o.s. plugs on the market... just read the descriptions when you buy plugs that you are unsure if they work in your engine or not, they should say if they are not a standard plug...
    Last edited by kuskye25; 05-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus