RC poster

Frankenslayer need help

Hey fellas, my slayer is what I like to call an "abortion",it left the traxxas assembly line as a 27mhz 3.3 revo with the optidrive reverse and a blue chassis,I am a club racer(short course 2wd and a lcg slash ultimate) and decided to turn my revo into a slayer pro.Long story short I just added a bb .25 engine (that rips ) and I installed it with the traxxas bb conversion which literally had every single peice to complete the transformation,I did not half to get up once and no powertools of any kind,traxxas really did their home work,any ways should I keep the transmission with reverse or is it necessary to install the forward only gear traxxas suppied with the conversion.My next issue is the bump steer this truck has!I have a new found respect for you guys that do suspension tuning on these trucks,I am truly amazed and was wondering if you would school me on pillow ball suspension a long with slayer's (in my opinion)formula one like suspension.Oh and back to the $55.00 .25 nitro engine,you cant go wrong it seems really fast and I am used to my slash 4x4 with a novak ballistic esc and a 550 size tekin 4.5 turn brushless motor with advanced timing,Any who I plan to make a video as soon as I get the suspension squared up properly.Oh I did install sway bars.Thanks again guys.

There is a banned company and brand name so don't even bother referencing them, typing the name or bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-10-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: content

RC poster
    Do I need to retype minus the brand names or may I edit this one?

To correct the bump steer make sure the axle carriers are on the correct side. I think there was another member here that had the same issue and discovered he had the carriers installed on the wrong sides. Also there is a pillow ball set that comes with the Slayer (and I'm sure you can get just the whole set) that allows you to install the correct balls and shims to fix the bump steer according to the caster setup you are running. You'll have to read the Slayer manual for explanation. You can download it from this site and it's in the advanced tuning section of the manual.