RC Qualifier

A-Arm replacement how to...

Any guides on A-Arm replacements how to for t-maxx 3.3 4907. Im a little confused on the following:

Once I remove front wheel Do I first pop out the blue dust cover that have the cutouts and then unscrew pivot ball caps completely and then unscrew the pivot balls?? Do the pivot ball caps lock in the pivot balls? Same when trying to set up camber, remove/loosen pivot ball caps and adjust lower pivot ball only to set camber and then gently snug tight pivot ball cap thats it? Also before i install/tighten pivot ball caps do I have to put like a light coat of any grease? The top pivot ball according to manual gets screwed in all the way right?
    Last on the inside of arms is that blue dust cover simply a dust cover with the clips on them thats it?

Thanks I just want to know how to to change them out in a moments notice if I break a stocker so far Ive only broken a lower A-Arm pin and that was easy to swap out for a new one.

Thanks.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    take off wheel, undo your toe link on that side, dont unscrew the pivot ball cap as your toe/chamber is already set how you like it, just fit your allen key thru the cap and into the pivot ball, unscrew the pivot ball, then take out the hinge pin for the a-arm, then replace the a-arm with a new one...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskye25 View Post
    take off wheel, undo your toe link on that side, dont unscrew the pivot ball cap as your toe/chamber is already set how you like it, just fit your allen key thru the cap and into the pivot ball, unscrew the pivot ball, then take out the hinge pin for the a-arm, then replace the a-arm with a new one...
    Great explanation. It's pretty east to do.
    Scott

4909 MAXX 3.3
    4910 MAXX 2.5

RC Enthusiast
    How imortant is it to have the pivot balls set to the right spot? I just upgraded to rpm arms and the instructions said to tighten the pivot balls all the til the end of the suspension arm?

RC Qualifier
    so you are saying just unscrew pivot ball and the pivot ball cap will allow it to unscrew and then screw it back in till pivot ball is snug tight or just feel stop? The way you are describing I will not remove the pivot ball right just unscrewing it leaving it inside the plastic piece that houses both bearings and where both a arms connect? If I was to replace a broken pivot ball I would then have to remove the pivot ball caps is that right? Also on the inside of the a arms the blue rubber piece is that just a dust cover secured by the plastic clips? Sorry I am just trying to learn/understand.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    so you are saying just unscrew pivot ball and the pivot ball cap will allow it to unscrew and then screw it back in till pivot ball is snug tight or just feel stop? The way you are describing I will not remove the pivot ball right just unscrewing it leaving it inside the plastic piece that houses both bearings and where both a arms connect? If I was to replace a broken pivot ball I would then have to remove the pivot ball caps is that right? Also on the inside of the a arms the blue rubber piece is that just a dust cover secured by the plastic clips? Sorry I am just trying to learn/understand.
    yes thats just a dust cover, tmaxx 2.5s dont even have them really arent even nessesary, and yes leave the cap installed just unscrew the pivot ball its self leaving it still inside the steering knuckle, just makes it less work to do...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus