RC Qualifier

Does this look right ??

First off, I notice the HEX's ( think that's what there called ) but the front and rear are different sizes and colors ? Are these stock ?

-FRONT -

-
    -
    - REAR -

-
    -
    -
    Second thing was when changing the bearings on the front carriers I notice only the outer bearing can be replaced and the inner is built on the axle shaft ??
    -

RC Qualifier
    Yes the hexes are different width front and rear
    No the bearing is not "built in" to the shaft. You should be able to pull it off

RC poster
    yes the black i had on my slash stock when i got it and the grey was on my sons rustler i bought used 3 months ago. pins fine bearings nice n blue. when the blue starts discolouring i usually consider them backups or garbage. hexs are fine until they round then get the aluminum ones there pretty cheap and wont wear anytime soon after purchase.

Some people will take the front hex and put it on the rear to get the max allowed wheel track.
    With out going over,I have been unable to achieve this feat,I'm always to wide,or don't have enough axle threads exposed to grab a hold of.
    But the extra width is normal.
    And as stated above also,both bearings will come off.
    Sometimes they will put up a fight. Before you put you new ones on be sure to clean the stub axle up,and check for bend-age so the new ones will slip right on.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 05-09-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    If you can't get the bearing loose try this: Stand the axle up with the bearing on the top, then put a deep socket over it and try to hammer it off. Don't go crazy with the hammer lol, just tap it easy. I'm surprised it came out of the bearing carrier and got stuck on the axle.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    If you can't get the bearing loose try this: Stand the axle up with the bearing on the top, then put a deep socket over it and try to hammer it off. Don't go crazy with the hammer lol, just tap it easy. I'm surprised it came out of the bearing carrier and got stuck on the axle.
    I need to give that a try. Ya I notice that the bearing was stuck and wouldt budge so I wast sure if they were built onto the axle before I start trying to 6722539978 them off. Maybe it wouldt hurt to replace the axle aswell

RC Qualifier
    Definitely not one piece, here is the stub axle:

http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=5833

and bearings:

http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=7349

There are many aftermarket bearings also, just make sure they are 5x11 for there.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys I got the bearing off with JOE's advice and I replaced it with Anza bearings sooooo smooth now