Red face Where is everyone!!?!?

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around. Been awhile and miss this forum. Now that I'm working part time and school starts next week I would like to keep up more tabs on the vintage thread. I'm mainly focus on the SRT. Got a shock rebuild kit coming in too. Being a completionist really stinks bc you feel like you never have all the rare parts. Anyways where are all you guys at? And this is for Daniel. Did you get the package?
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Ive been around sorta. Havent found any of the parts i need for my projects.
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

Yea I see you won that wildcat 4x4 that was on eBay a month back while was looking for tcp parts. Nice but man. I'm still looking for a few parts for my all white SRT.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    And this is for Daniel. Did you get the package?
    Hi, I'm sorry, yes, I got it, thank you! I recently bought a brand new car (VW Jetta) and it's my new toy now... Btw, can you check that you received the money? I sent you two payments, I just want to make sure you got them... And, I'll post the SRT manual probably tomorrow... I'll be back here soon, I'm working on my other non-vintage RC projects now, like the 10x10 E-Maxx...

Last edited by danielhr77; 05-09-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Yes I did get both payments! Thankyou. And congrats on the new car!

RC Champion
    I haven't been around much lately but that is gonna be changing as of today!

Three weeks ago our blasted internet provider decided to cut our already painfully slow dial up speed in half, without a word of warning either[like 18 hours to updated to the latest version of AVG! ]

But we got hooked up on high speed light an hour ago! WOW,what a difference!!!!!!!! No more waiting for nearly an hour for a thread with a bunch of photos to load or only loading partial photos,let me tell ya, that was driving me insane,I know it was a short drive but I'm feeling Much better nowwwwww.

Congrats on the new car Daniel !!
    Last edited by MOPAR MARV; 05-13-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR MARV View Post
    But we got hooked up on high speed light an hour ago!
    Took you long enough!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Three weeks ago our blasted internet provider decided to cut our already painfully slow dial up speed in half
    Long time no talk there Marv, Holy crap, I didn't know there was STILL dial-up out there

Anyhow, I've been poppin around the forums here and there, Been all out of any vintage stuff for awhile, But just picked up another Hawk the other day........Somethin about those dang Hawk's and me, I have lost how many I have bought and sold in the past few years? Guess I'm just partial to them, being that was my first Traxxas kit I bought back in 1989

Being back to work again for the spring/summer season, Plus my daughter is graduating from HS here in June, Just haven't got much time to start or finish any RC projects. But time will come I'm sure.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Congrats on the new car Daniel !!
    Thanks Marv! I'm really happy with it... This pic was taken at the car dealership just after I drove it for the first time...

Still missing a few people :-(. I'm thinking about doing a build trend for the SRT. I have the manual and love to show how I build my truck. I have some little tricks and tips too for SRT owners to consider and facts/info and list compatible parts. The SRT is my favorite rc I have ever owned and even today it still makes me go"I have a SRT?". Shame traxxas killed it and the tcp.

RC Champion
    i didnt die, just havent felt compelled to post.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

Still here! Not messing with the vintage too much lately. Still have some projects sitting around here though. Also have to rebuild my TCP diff and get it on the track again. That is one fun racing buggy!

RC Champion
    Hey cooleocool! How's life treatin' ya?

Me,I'm busier than the proverbial one legged man at a butt kicking convention,yard work,changing to screen windows,etc.....No rest for the wicked,lol.

As for the dial up thing,it was one of those all we could afford things,that and living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help much,lol.

When the phone company[provincial Government owned] first offered high speed out here,it would have cost us nearly a grand to get hooked up,plus the monthly fees. Now it cost a cool 114 bucks to have it installed and fifty bucks a month.

And we even went out and picked up a wifi router so I can have high speed in the dungeon[Mopar Marv's man cave,lol],if I get off my butt and finish building my new computer. But first I've got to finish the wife's new dual core beastie and get it hooked up,her old one has suddenly decided that it doesn't need any audio for some reason.

Hi ya Dave,
    Yep,its been a while,no doubt. But I'm back in a big way now. Now if I only had time to run some of my RCs I'd be one seriously happy camper.
    I was hoping for the long weekend but it sounds like its going to rain on us for the next four days solid. And my bashing spot just nicely dried out too,darn it. What a bummer,I've been waiting for weeks to try out my Clod on 7 cell packs and I finally snagged an XL-5 with LVD so I can run lipos in my Hawk2.

Hello Daniel,
    Nice!! And a decent size too,very cool.

I installed an aftermarket stereo in one a few years ago and it was so cramped inside that I ended up pulling out the front seats so I enough room to move. Otherwise they would have had to cut the car apart to get me out from under the dash,lol.
    Or bury me in the little Sardine Can,lol.

My Bashing Buddy's little brother has four mid '90s VWs and he make me look like a midget,I keep expecting to see one of them tip over when he gets in them. Its like watching a St. Bernard trying to climb into a Toy Poodle's dog house,lol.

SRTracer121,

Hey Mon,How the heck are ya?

"Compelled"? Holy doodle,do we have to come and twist yer arm a little? lol.

All kidding aside, what have you been workin' on lately? Anything interesting?

Me,I got my old Hawk and the Sledgehammer running for the guy I sold them to and I built his stepson a Wide Maxx. Upgraded my Hawk2 to an XL-5 ESC with LVD. Modded my Clod to run 7 cell hump packs and now I'm installing a full set of CVDs and a new trans. case and a few odds and ends in the wife's 3905 E-Maxx. And that is just the short list,like I might have gotten a grand total of 14 hours sleep last week. And maybe 12 hours so far this week. When the sleep deprivation finally catches up with me I'm gonna be in a coma for a month,lol.

And a big old Hello to our vintage expert Harry. Glad to see that you're still with us!

Now I had better shut up and get outta here before this gets completely out of control,lol

RC Qualifier
    Hey cooleocool! How's life treatin' ya?

Me,I'm busier than the proverbial one legged man at a butt kicking convention,yard work,changing to screen windows,etc.....No rest for the wicked,lol.

As for the dial up thing,it was one of those all we could afford things,that and living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help much,lol.

When the phone company[provincial Government owned] first offered high speed out here,it would have cost us nearly a grand to get hooked up,plus the monthly fees. Now it cost a cool 114 bucks to have it installed and fifty bucks a month.

And we even went out and picked up a wifi router so I can have high speed in the dungeon[Mopar Marv's man cave,lol],if I get off my butt and finish building my new computer. But first I've got to finish the wife's new dual core beastie and get it hooked up,her old one has suddenly decided that it doesn't need any audio for some reason.

Hi ya Dave,
    Yep,its been a while,no doubt. But I'm back in a big way now. Now if I only had time to run some of my RCs I'd be one seriously happy camper.
    I was hoping for the long weekend but it sounds like its going to rain on us for the next four days solid. And my bashing spot just nicely dried out too,darn it. What a bummer,I've been waiting for weeks to try out my Clod on 7 cell packs and I finally snagged an XL-5 with LVD so I can run lipos in my Hawk2.

Hello Daniel,

I installed an aftermarket stereo in one a few years ago and it was so cramped inside that I ended up pulling out the front seats so I enough room to move. Otherwise they would have had to cut the car apart to get me out from under the dash,lol.
    Or bury me in the little Sardine Can,lol.

My Bashing Buddy's little brother has four mid '90s VWs and he make me look like a midget,I keep expecting to see one of them tip over when he gets in them. Its like watching a St. Bernard trying to climb into a Toy Poodle's dog house,lol.

SRTracer121,

Hey Mon,How the heck are ya?

"Compelled"? Holy doodle,do we have to come and twist yer arm a little? lol.

All kidding aside, what have you been workin' on lately? Anything interesting?

Me,I got my old Hawk and the Sledgehammer running for the guy I sold them to and I built his stepson a Wide Maxx. Upgraded my Hawk2 to an XL-5 ESC with LVD. Modded my Clod to run 7 cell hump packs and now I'm installing a full set of CVDs and a new trans. case and a few odds and ends in the wife's 3905 E-Maxx. And that is just the short list,like I might have gotten a grand total of 14 hours sleep last week. And maybe 12 hours so far this week. When the sleep deprivation finally catches up with me I'm gonna be in a coma for a month,lol.

And a big old Hello to our vintage expert Harry. Glad to see that you're still with us!

Now I had better shut up and get outta here before this gets completely out of control,lol
    No hello to me lol. Jk haha.
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Champion
    you have enough rc's to keep you company gecko

what have i been doing? well on top of a few other hobbies here and there rc is business as usual....

glad to hear you finally stepped into the 21st century, will yall be gettting mp3's soon? *stir stir stir*
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 05-17-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Champion
    I have been MIA for a while now. Too many hobbies, not enough money. Right now I am trying to get my kids Stampede all decked out for this summer, Been getting the bug to get out the SRT and take it to the track. Guess we will see if I can fit it in. 4 kids keeping me busy and poor.
    I race with the oldies!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarge44 View Post
    I have been MIA for a while now. Too many hobbies, not enough money. Right now I am trying to get my kids Stampede all decked out for this summer, Been getting the bug to get out the SRT and take it to the track. Guess we will see if I can fit it in. 4 kids keeping me busy and poor.
    Look on the bright side. It took 4 kids to make you poor. Only took 2 for me.

I was thinking you should change your user name to BlueMoon44 since that's about how often you come around.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    you have enough rc's to keep you company gecko

what have i been doing? well on top of a few other hobbies here and there rc is business as usual....

glad to hear you finally stepped into the 21st century, will yall be gettting mp3's soon? *stir stir stir*

What the heck is an mp3? Some new fangled speed controller?

Just kidding. But no matter,those mp3 won't work in my cassette deck anyways,lol.

Sorry Gecko,I was just replying to the guys that responded to my post. No slight intended.

LiveLarge44,

Dang,I was wondering where you had gone while I was typing my last reply and here you are. Glad to hear from ya.

And I know what you mean about too many hobbies and not enough money. I'm always broke. And we only have one kid living at home,lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hello Daniel,
    LOL, decent size... Actually, most of our cars come from Europe (Fiat, VW, Citroen, Renault), the Jetta is considered a "big", high class car... I'm 6.2" and I fit nicely... I wish we had more american cars (we have Ford and Chevy but the cheap stuff), with big engines and big everything but we don't... My dream car is a '82 Pontiac Transam, yeah, I'm a Knight Rider KITT fan, but as far as I know, there's only a red one here... LOL...

Funny I have a 2012 Hyundai accent and at 6'3" I can stretch my legs fun length. Driver from New York to Florida was comfortable in that little car. Hyundai has really come a long way and pay on getting a azera on the road.