Thread: What brushes?

RC Racer

What brushes?

I've got a fireball 540 13x2 moded and i just got it brand new but the brushes are junk. What brushes should I get to replace them. If anyone can show me video on how to replace them that would be nice all so. I will be running thus throught thick murky water and mud so i what good brushes for that. Evry thing but the motor is stock.

RC Champion
    Throw the motor out as its always going to be trouble and get a 19-25 turn motor from Team Orion or Trinity.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    Im NOT throwing away the motor i just bouhgt and you either work for or get sposured by team orirn ortrinity so no thanks. And i said what BRUSHES not what motor

RC Qualifier
    He was telling you, you get what you pay for. That is a low end motor your taking into the harshest of conditions. Good luck with it. I can't offer advice on brushes for the motor because I'm not educated in them, sorry.

RC Qualifier
    You don't put new brushes in motors like that.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawehner1419 View Post
    Im NOT throwing away the motor i just bouhgt and you either work for or get sposured by team orirn ortrinity so no thanks. And i said what BRUSHES not what motor
    Do a little searching and you will find that the Fireballs are terrible motors. On top of that your trying to run a 13t in a Stampede. It can work but its much to low for a Stampede. I was given a Fireball and I never ran the thing because its such a terrible design for holding the brush springs in place. Probably why the motors are known for throwing brushes. Do yourself a really big favor and get a different motor. They are only 30 dollars and unlike the Fireballs they actually work.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I never owned any brushed motors but Trinity so I can't help. But no matter which brushed motor you run, I'd only expect one or two runs in thick, murky water. Post pics of the head and maybe we can figure out how to replace the brushes based on the pics.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Its an easy thing to do but getting the brushes is the trick. Venom used to offer replacements but I have not seen any available now. There is a good chance those motors run a standard brush but due to their reputation even those who know brushed motors inside and out probably wont know what they run.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    Whatever solution you find on the motor you're going to need to be fastidious in your maintenance on the truck in general if you run wet and muddy! Otherwise you'll be ending up rusting up and binding up... Good luck.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    There is a reason they call it a FIREBALL. I had one for a day and it went up in smoke. Got it warrantied. Five days later it went up in smoke again. JUNK motors...... I went to brushless....best money ever spent on an R?C product.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede