Thread: Brake disc

RC Enthusiast

Brake disc

Not having any luck getting response in nitro sport forum. So I'll ask here, Just upgraded to a 3.3 and am burning up my brake. Melted. Since it is same as rustler one, What are you guys using? Or are there any that is made out of something other than the rubbery plastic that I'm melting?

RC Qualifier
    naw not really much of an option here i run a 3.3 in my rustler and what i do to fight the fact that the 3.3 WILL melt those every time is have my brakes sort of turned down a bit mine are actually half what they should be, but i dont melt the disks anymore and can still stop pretty good

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply screamsatchildren. I am looking at some fiberglass ones that look like same design gonna check dimensions and see if it'll work. If and when I get something to work Ill post it.

RC Qualifier
    you could also check on the stock setup of the nitro slash its the same but idk it could be setup a bit different i know i haven't had mine out since the nitro slash even came out

RC Enthusiast
    Cool I'll check it out this weekend

RC Qualifier
    They show a different brake disk and adapter, part# 4464, for the slash. It may work and be a better brake, since it was designed for the 3.3. For a couple of bucks it might be worth a try.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Enthusiast
    How did the slash brake work for you? I am running into the same problem with my 3.3 Rustler

RC Champion

RC Enthusiast
    ordered, thanks powerman