RC Enthusiast

Bigger Wheels/Tires - why so complicated

Well guys, I'm kinda new to this upgrade things and I think I've read so much on wheels and tires that I've confused myself.
    For my sons SLASH - older FM radio. I want to put on a monster truck tire. Mostly to give him some clearance in the yard for grass, sticks etc

What size hub is on the slash?

I seem to have read you can put Stampede wheels/tires on. But the Rear tires fit best. Easy fit is all me. But is it Stampede 2X4 wheels? Or wheels for a 4X4 VXL? There is a lot of Pro-Line stuff that says - For Traxxas Stampede. A lot says front & rear. Some say Rear- stampede, rustler.

Any input would be a big help.

Paul

RC Qualifier
    Good advice I can give u is ask for Billy's input cause he's helped me a lot

RC Qualifier
    Stampede 2WD fits but you will need to change gearing

Quote Originally Posted by Pcaola View Post
    Well guys, I'm kinda new to this upgrade things and I think I've read so much on wheels and tires that I've confused myself.
    For my sons SLASH - older FM radio. I want to put on a monster truck tire. Mostly to give him some clearance in the yard for grass, sticks etc

What size hub is on the slash?

I seem to have read you can put Stampede wheels/tires on. But the Rear tires fit best. Easy fit is all me. But is it Stampede 2X4 wheels? Or wheels for a 4X4 VXL? There is a lot of Pro-Line stuff that says - For Traxxas Stampede. A lot says front & rear. Some say Rear- stampede, rustler.

Any input would be a big help.

Paul
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

Stampede 2WD fits but you will need to change gearing
    +1.
    And by hub,if you mean the wheel hex,they are 12 mm stock.
    You can also get adapter's for larger wheel hex's,for a larger tire.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok. Since my son ran through a pile of fishing line Sunday I have the rear wheels off. Also noticed bearing falling apart on one side, so I'm waiting for them to come in.
    I pulled a rear wheel off my Stampede 2x4 (older model, FM, brushed ). The hex size is right BUT the little wheel shaft isn't even close to long enough. It goes into the Stampede wheel but doesn't come out the other side, not a chance to get a nut on it. So I have to be careful, buying a wheel with a 12mm hex doesn't guarantee it will fit?

Paul

RC Enthusiast
    Desperado 2.8" (Traxxas® Style Bead) Black Wheels from Proline look like Stampede wheels. 12 mm hex and they list it as Fits - Stampede Electric. Anyone able to confirm these will fit even though the wheel shaft on the slash is only .5 inches?
    Paul

RC Qualifier
    You have to think, all the Stampede and Slash front and rear clips are is just based off of the Rustler. So put the Stampede 2x4's front tires on the front of the Slash, and the rears on the rear. It's pretty much the same.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL