Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Looks like he had too much fun...
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    I want that body!! Great job man.

Sent from Oser world

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Cart View Post
    I wasn't all that hard on it, I beat on the Bug bodies far more than what I dished out today. I think it's just all the right angles on the body.
    I've found the same thing my Raptor True Scale body. I did quite a bit of ShooGoo drywall reinforcing before using it, but even then with the square edges on a lot of the body it still started to crack pretty easily. It pulled through the rear posts as well because of the shape of the tray.

Quote Originally Posted by SASKCHAUCH View Post
    Nice truck!, How do those proline adjustable body mounts hold up to bashing?

Just got them; so far so good. I like the thread on caps over the body pins.
    I've had terrible luck with these, perhaps due to the shape of the body making it harder on them. I've had a couple of the caps come loose - perhaps I didn't tighten them enough, but they were definitely pretty tight, especially after the first one got lost. But more annoying is that I've had a few of the threaded grub/screw posts pull out of the body mounts losing both the screw and the cap. I've replaced them all which ends up getting costly, and then CA'ing them in when I screw them, but even so have lost another. Next body I'll be going back to regular pins, which is a shame because I really like the way look.

RC Qualifier

Bought a Slash 4X4; now to make it bullet proof.

I think I'm going to stick with the short course bodies and the Bug bodies for now.
    I'm not terribly upset that the F100 body spit and cracked; I enjoy painting new bodies so much that I almost look forward to wreaking them... How sick is that?!

I've been wondering what the Slash weighs for a while now; I came across a kitchen scale today in the cupboard and set it on there. Without the battery it weighed in at 5.5lbs! And that's with no battery! I think the Slash and I need to go on a post Thanksgiving diet. (Canadian Thanksgiving is before our American neighbors).

Here it is on the scale.

Last edited by Clint Cart; 10-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.

RC Racer
    They always seem heavy until I grab my sons Summit. That is heavy. Which tires are those in that picture Clint?

RC Racer
    Is that a WRX I see there too? Love those cars.

RC Qualifier
    They are proline split six 1/8 th wheels with proline badlands 1/8 th tires....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    They are proline split six 1/8 th wheels with proline badlands 1/8 th tires....
    Thank you.

RC Champion
    ^^^ A required staple in 17mm off road

RC Champion
    Mine weighs 5.1 pounds without a battery, I spy the only car without a v8 I would buy in background....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Mine weighs 5.1 pounds without a battery, I spy the only car without a v8 I would buy in background....
    I'm just worried that it may shorten the life of the ESC with the added weight.

Yes that is my WRX; it's an 06'

Bing and I.

Believe it or not; Bing took that photo.
    Last edited by Clint Cart; 10-16-2013 at 10:29 AM.

RC Qualifier
    While changing out the shock oil from 50 weight to 37.5 weight last night; I found me a reason to visit the hobby store today, a bent shock shaft.

I'm going to upgrade to the titanium nitride coated shafts this time, might buy softer springs too; it's too bouncy; I want it to eat up the bumps; not hit a bump, triple axel with a flip and NOT stick the landing.
    "I'll give it a -6 for choreography".

RC Qualifier
    Lol....Clint you sure drive your truck hard....TiN shafts are a lot better...

RC Champion
    You shouldn't blow the esc unless you are running the vxl-3s on 3s under that stress load (which would still take a while to blow). Love your subaru!

RC Champion
    Yes that is my WRX; it's an 06'

Bing and I.

Believe it or not; Bing took that photo.
    blast from the past! Your Scoobie is sweet Clint, I love those 3 grill ones!

RC Qualifier

Dusted off the old PC today and installed the Castle Link software. I set the drag brake to 10% and the throttle "punch" to 80%; I'll test it out soon.
    I really wanted to change the output voltage to my bumper lights; they have been very dim since I installed the Sidewinder 3.
    There seems to be allot of values a person can change in these ESC's with this link; I look forward to learning more about it.

RC Qualifier
    Also; I don't recommend buying those stubby Integy allen head drivers; their QA department must have a big "close enough" stamp of approval.
    They don't fit anything properly; you get what you pay for I guess, I'm looking at a Snap-on set or something equivalent.

RC Champion
    I have the same drivers, but don't use them much as they are in my field bag

RC Qualifier
    So I haven't been on here for a while due to Father and Husband duties, I've had the Slash out a few times in the snow to see how the badlands perform; and they perform awesome as long as you're in the throttle; they keep it on top of the snow with a nice rooster tail behind it. I purchased a new body and RPM rod ends and hope to ready and installed soon.
    I plan to tear it all down at some point this winter and give it a good once over; replacing any damaged or worn components.

RC poster
    Get a roll cage, and threaded big bore aluminum shocks for losi ten scte. with all those mods plus the two i just mentioned that thing looks like it could survive any skate park bash&thrash sesion or as an afterthought, hitting that horse shoe post in the back yard with the A-frame.
    Last edited by Toomanytrucks; 12-01-2013 at 07:35 PM.

RC poster
    Why did you put a castle motor in it, I mean a Velenion IS a knock off Castle. SO I guess some people just happen to have $200 to change the blue anod' motor to a green anod' motor with a castle label. Just paint it green and throw a castle sticker on it... WAIT IS THAT A MAMBA MONSTER!?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytrucks View Post
    Why did you put a castle motor in it, I mean a Velenion IS a knock off Castle. SO I guess some people just happen to have $200 to change the blue anod' motor to a green anod' motor with a castle label. Just paint it green and throw a castle sticker on it... WAIT IS THAT A MAMBA MONSTER!?
    It's a bigger 2400kv motor and has tons of torque, nothing like the stock system.

RC Champion
    So I haven't been on here for a while due to Father and Husband duties, I've had the Slash out a few times in the snow to see how the badlands perform; and they perform awesome as long as you're in the throttle; they keep it on top of the snow with a nice rooster tail behind it. I purchased a new body and RPM rod ends and hope to ready and installed soon.
    I plan to tear it all down at some point this winter and give it a good once over; replacing any damaged or worn components.
    Sounds great! Have you heard anything about how Viper's integy tracks are? I assume he has been busy since I haven't seen him on the past few weeks.

RC Qualifier
    No I haven't.
    The R/C's won't be going outside in this weather! It's currently -33 degrees Celsius outside with the wind and yesterday it was colder.

RC Qualifier

It warmed up on Boxing Day so I took the Slash outside for a rip in the snow.

RC Competitor
    Well I had it out in the dirt the other day and it quit on me, the ESC led was flashing slow and the receiver light was flashing fast, then they both quit and wouldn't respond. Turns out the BEC cooked, why? Because I got loctite on the shoulder part of the shoulder bolts in the new aluminum steering bel crank I installed and that caused the steering to be VERY stiff, causing the steering servo to work itself to death, then the TQi receiver for some reason buggered up and now it has to be paired with the transmitter every time I turn it on.
    So; I bought a new Traxxas servo (because they didn't have the hitec unit I wanted) and a new Castle Sidewinder 3 ESC, I'm getting warranty on the VXL3s ESC through the store as soon as they come in. I'll be picking up a new TQi receiver next week, at least it works for now.
    On the up side I'm going to a Castle motor soon.
    How fast do you want to go with that new motor
    LEFT TURN ONLY

RC Qualifier
    With 18/54 gearing it goes 68-70 kilometers per hour.
    It don't like too much speed; I LOVE the torque it has! Wheelie if I want to and with the Proline Badlands it puts the power to the ground and I'm able to beat all but one of my friends Slashes off the line.
    It's a great motor.
    With different gearing many people have gone allot faster!

RC Qualifier
    I just reread your post.
    I want it to go as fast as it currently does. Haha!
    I have met my goals with this motor.

RC Competitor
    Me too I just got a mamba monster you can look at my thread. It's called shopping list for mm2 slash 4x4.
    LEFT TURN ONLY

RC Qualifier
    So I too came out of hibernation yesterday, I was invited by the local RC club to come to the Monster Truck show at our local hockey rink (huge indoor stadium) and rip around with them in the dirt before the show, it was a blast; I aired out the Slash allot; couple times it ended up in the seats.... That made for allot of laughter from the crowd and myself. There was a guy recording it so if I can find a video of it I'll post it.

It was good to have it out again.

RC Qualifier

Bought a Slash 4X4; now to make it bullet proof.

Fixed up the old Ford body with drywall tape and shoe goo and took it out in the snow today.

RC Competitor
    Hey man. I really enjoyed reading your entire thread. Your slash is sweet! I love the 1/8 wheels and f100 body!

RC Champion
    Glad to see you out of hibernation! Still using the integy hex wrenches? If you want to change I got a set of MIP's and love them!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Dylan.
    Yes I am still using the Integy wrenches; they're not great. I'll look into a set of the MIP's; thanks for the heads up!

RC Champion
    Looks nicely fixed up from last time Clint!

RC Qualifier

Finally bought a decent set of shocks and a center differential.
    Still waiting for springs for the shocks, I grabbed a new spur just because I trashed my last one.

RC Champion
    Nice upgrades Clint! Now just stay the heck away from that 80wt oil

RC Qualifier
    Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Great thread. Read through most of it. Really like the multi color paint job you did on the bug body, awesome!!. That paint job would be great for a smartie or m&m sponsor.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks very much!