RC Qualifier

aero marine coupler

can someone please give me the link to where i can buy the aeromarine coupler that i can use for the .150 cable and the .187 cable.i think i read i just need to buy a different insert to use the same coupler

RC Qualifier
    thanks anyways i found them and i didn't know it til today but they are only an hour and a half from where i live.i think i am going to go there this weekend and pick up an .187 cable and their collet and the adapter so i can run my .150 cable in case something happens to the .187.i ordered 1 from rcraceboats and its taking forever to get it.so i'll have 2 when ever his gets here if it ever does.

RC Qualifier
    Just a note:
    The Aeromarine couplers are a tight fit in the Spartan, they will fit, but the tolerances are tight. Just so you're not surprised.
    hog

RC Qualifier
    thank you hog yes i had read that but they are kinda close to home and i think it would be kinda cool to atleast just go there and check things out.but on the other hand this weekend is out because i forgot its mothers day sunday and we all are getting together at a lake and park saturday.so at least i get to play.sure glad i got my spartan when i did lol.

RC Qualifier
    I use aeromarine couplers on all my boats, except the Spartan running a wire drive.
    They are great couplers IMO.
    I just wanted you to be aware upfront the tolerances are a close fit, but they will work on the Spartan.
    hog

RC Qualifier
    thank you very much hog for your help.whos wire drive and coupler are you using?do you have any pics of it so i can see the difference between the flex cable and wire drive?i sent jeff an second e mail asking him about the wire drive but no reply for a week.i am just very curious of the wire drive and what else needs to be modded

RC Qualifier
    I have pics, but I'm a putz when it comes to uploading onto the forums.
    All you need to change is the appropriate sized collet, and of course the wire drive itself.
    After breaking several .150 flex cables I upgraded one Spartan to a .187 cable and the other to a .078 wire drive. Both have proven very reliable.

Jeff works in the hospitality industry, so unfortunately his busy season at work coincides with his high demand season for his drives, it can take some time to get his products depending on his stock levels, but they are very good products and worth the wait IMO.

hog
    Last edited by hog; 05-10-2013 at 12:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    hey thanks for the link and i have now ordered both and now i understand the long wait.i guess i just need to learn how to be more patient.hopefully they both will be in the mail soon i hope