RC Qualifier

new esc/motor combo

i have seen on a few sites the seaking/hobbywing 180amp esc/leopard 1600kv motor combo.is this combo a reliable combo? i have around 300.00 dollars and i want to build another combo on the tray with the wire drive i'm getting so i can just unscrew the stock one and add the other one for when i really want to go for a speed test but i want it to be realiable and be able to handle 6s with no problems.

RC Champion
    For your budget that's about the best combo, I've had mine for over a year now with no issues. My brother has a 240amp Hydra Ice with a 1521 1y motor and it's a great combo but costs more than double what I paid for mine and his boat is only noticeably faster when starting from a dead stop.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Qualifier
    wow thanks for the info.i really do appreciate it.why is the leopard so much better then the stock since they both are 1600kv's?i can understand the esc since it's 60 more amps.

RC Qualifier
    I should be careful spouting off, having been in r/c hibernation all winter...

Unless Traxxas has made further changes I'm unaware of, the Castle motor is 1800kv. The first generation Spartan had a 1600kv motor.

hog

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks bro for your help