RC Enthusiast

Replacing the front Bulkhead.

Hey all, today while i was bashing i seemed to crack to front Right bulkhead, i was wondering how difficult it is to replace it. and if anyone can help explaing the process. it also looks like the one pin broke in half so i will need to replace that also.

Don't worry, it's not that hard to replace. Just take the front bumper off, then the shocks, then pull out the A arm pins, then take the drive shafts of the diff output, and that should take it down to just the bulkheads. There should be be two (or 4?) screws on top the chassis, and that should drop the bulkhead out. If you have any more questions or I missed something, just ask.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    ive broke my front bulk head before too. Its pretty easy and gives a opportunity to do some through cleaning and check for other broken or cracked parts. Once you get started taking parts off it becomes pretty self explanatory. Also a good time to open the front diff and change the diff oil.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Word of warning is make sure when you put it back together the differential is right side up. It's marked on top which side goes up and you can put it in upside down people do it all the time. What I do is mark the top with a white paint pen so I can see it easier.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    Word of warning is make sure when you put it back together the differential is right side up. It's marked on top which side goes up and you can put it in upside down people do it all the time. What I do is mark the top with a white paint pen so I can see it easier.

Good call Fallonguy. I have made this mistake. I also mark the top with a white paint pen too.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    Save the good half, next time it might be the other side that breaks. " voice of experience" . Five days after replacing Milne I suffered a dead battery and short distance into concrete wall, n broke the othe side.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC poster
    I replaced mine last week. 45 mph into a fence post because I sneezed (noob move). Had to replace everything on the front right side and the bulk head. Pretty easy and this is the first time I had to really work on my new truck. Good luck!