Thread: Engine swap

RC poster

Engine swap

I have the stock 3.3 engine with the R.O.A.R tuned pipe. I'm considering purchasing a LRP ZR.32 Spec.2 pull start engine.
    I also want to upgrade to a tuned pipe from Extreme RC Mods. According to the Team Associated website, the .32 is a
    "universal fit" / "fits all major .21 engine mounts". I sent an email to Team Associated asking this question, and a guy replied " I do not know if a .32 size engine will fit in the Revo, as I do not know much about that car. Most .32 engines are the
    same size, so you will need to talk to Traxxas to figure out what will fit in their car ".

Does anyone have the .32 engine in their truck, if so what all did you need to do in order to mount it properly? Also, what
    gears need to be upgraded when changing to a BB engine of this size? Does the transmission need to be upgraded too?

Thanks for any suggestions/tips offered.

RC Qualifier
    You need the New Era motor mount. They are getting hard to find.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice Jersey Jato, much appreciated. I plan on upgrading the stock clutch with a Buku clutch. Does I need to upgrade the spur gear and the tranny also?