RC poster

I locked my diffs and now my axles keep breaking

I packed my diffs with silly puddy and I shimmed them so now there very solid and I thi k that's why I keep breaking axles because there's no give....does anybody know of an upgrade available for the summit axles...I want to get the MIP cvd's but they don't make them for the summit...and help would be great because I can't race the truck for 10 mins without breaking an axle...

RC Qualifier
    You can try to run merv axles if you are not already. Still plastic but last alot longer than stock summit oned

Is my phone smarter than me?
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

You may break those as well... all depends on what surfaces you are running on. With locked up axles you cannot expect them to hold together in high traction situations... not even on a 1:1.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    My Merv type axles have been locked now for a few months. If you have the VXL system in it that will be your issue. I dropped my VXL and got myself a brushed esc, a 50T 540 motor and done the tranny flip. I havent broke an axle since. You got to keep in mind what you are asking from these small, fragile machines. The VXL bangs in the power, its a bit all or nothing and a poor set up in my opinion for these little trucks. Anyway, theres me rattling on about the VXL and I dont know if you even have it. You cannot seriously be racing it with locked axles. It must handle terribly. Sand and very loose dirt would be about your limit.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC poster
    This might sound stupid but someone else said something to me about a merv setup, does that mean mini e revo? Also do they make steel axles for the summit like the MIP cvd's?

No aftermarket axles are made for the Summit specifically that I know of.... wait: I think I remember reading once that someone was making Summit specific steel axles but they never had stock. Sort of like Hot Racing and their spiral/bevel cut ring and pinion. lol

MERV= Mini eRevo or Mini eRevo VXL
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.