Thread: Poor steering

RC Racer

Poor steering

Hello everyone!

My truck's steering is not equal when i make turns. It steers straight, but turning left has a smaller radius than turning right. How do you fix that? I'm hoping someone has an answer to my question.

Also, has anyone had a bad experience with liquid tape? I took off the screws off my hitec servo and put some over the screw holes thinking it was a good idea as it would act like a gasket. When I tightened the first one, the screw went too far in. It seems like the liquid tape melted the plastic.

RC Racer
    Having your radio off and the trim set to center. Take the stering horn off the servo turn on the radio and install the horn as close to center as u can then uise your trim to fine tune it.. if this is your first rc then my words may not click but thats just me. My ned truck had the sqme problem along with the esc cutting out. Never used the tape so not sure about that problem
    Last edited by yellowufo; 05-12-2013 at 04:29 PM.

RC Racer
    Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowufo View Post
    Having your radio off and the trim set to center. Take the stering horn off the servo turn on the radio and install the horn as close to center as u can then uise your trim to fine tune it.. if this is your first rc then my words may not click but thats just me. My ned truck had the sqme problem along with the esc cutting out. Never used the tape so not sure about that problem
    I'm supposed to turn on the car too right? After the radio?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-13-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: merge

Center the steering on your transmitter.
    Switch off everything and detach the servo horn.
    Switch on everything and put the servo horn back on its spot with the wheels as straight as possible.
    Best is to turn the car off before you tighten the screw on the servo horn.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Thanks yellow and Pete! It worked. I also found out the hitec servo horn I was using was too short. Changed it and now have full motion and is centered.

Now i need to look up the thread on how to flip the gears on the trans.
    Last edited by RcSummitVXL; 05-12-2013 at 11:48 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Thanks Jimmie! I just did the mod and I like it! Using 2s Lipo, 55t spur/13t pinion and on training mode. I can go full throttle and turn hard without flipping. I had to do an extra step and take out all the screws and remove the driveshaft cover in order to connect the driveshaft back to the trans. Other then that, the instructions were great. This mod may just make me put my full size summit away...nah.

I just put a smaller pinion in mine. Top speed is quite low, but since the new Mamba Max Pro firmware, the 4600Kv doesn't cog anymore, but it also means that it starts right away at a rather high RPM. I think I have to open the receiver box again and hook up the Castle Link to change some settings. I want a smooth and slow Summit. And I don't want a front flip every time I hit the brakes just a little too enthusiastic.
    Nobody is born with experience