Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamba monster 2

RC Racer

Mamba monster 2

I know this is the brushed forum but I every time I put I thread on the brushless forum I get no help. The brushed forum has been tons of help. This is y I'm repostin this over here.

What are your opinion and experiences with he mamba monster 2? I am looking to buy one this summer.

RC Competitor
    X2 on the purchase hopefully next weekend. I've heard nothing but good although i've heard bad about customer service. That's all I now.

RC Racer
    Yea I'm taking the plunge and getting it from tower hobbies when it's back in stock

RC Competitor
    I'm going to buy it from my local hobby shop. They said something about trading in the evx2 and motors. I guess it knocks a chunk off the price this way

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout150 View Post
    I'm going to buy it from my local hobby shop. They said something about trading in the evx2 and motors. I guess it knocks a chunk off the price this way
    Yes the paper work comes in the back of Traxxas warranty/assembly manual that comes with brand new kits- $250 and your EVX-2 and Titans for the MM2 brushless setup is the deal I think- they retail for $300 so -

That's not much of a deal - just seen the MM2 (motor/WP ESC) brand new for $262 shipped on eBay WITH OUT trading your EVX-2/Titan's
    Last edited by Zac_F71; 03-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yea I talked to my hobby shop. I might have to wait 4 months with no system due to the back order issues. So I just order mm2 with 2200kv for 279 plus 5 bucks shipping from Amazon last night. There is only 1 left now. It should arrive the March 28th so in the mean time I'm going to get a single motor plate and dust cover. Also some male traxxas battery connectors. Is there anything else I need? Does anyone have pic of how they soldered the wires for batteries?

RC Racer
    On the brushless forum got to the thread called getting mamba monster 2 that a thread I started with the same question. There's a picture in it

RC Enthusiast
    i got tired of waiting for a mamba to come in to my lhs so ive decided to go with kershaw designs dual 820s and stay with the evx-2 for now.

RC Competitor
    Rcboyz has 1 left.

RC Racer
    do you guys think it would be okay to get this off of ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item589cc86bae

RC Competitor
    I don't use eBay. Trust issues.. but the combo kit is hard to get right now

RC Racer
    Yea that's my issue

RC Competitor
    Don't go by my word though. I only used eBay once before. And it was a good experience but I prefer not to use it. I do use Amazon. That an option. I just do a link research for where the product is coming from.

have you tried rcboyz. ??? That's where I just order mine there might still be one left.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-26-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Also What size tooth pinion comes with it?

RC Competitor
    I'll tell you when mine arrives. Might be a few days now do to the bad weather.

RC Racer
    It's either 17 or 18

RC Competitor
    What motor are you getting/got 2200kv or 2650kv?

RC Enthusiast
    I have the 2200kv and it came with the 18 tooth pinion.

RC Racer
    The 2200 kv

RC Qualifier
    What is the main difference with the 2200 and the 2650 motor, the 2650 is just faster? Like they'll both have extreme power right
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann117elite View Post
    What is the main difference with the 2200 and the 2650 motor, the 2650 is just faster? Like they'll both have extreme power right
    They are the same, the 2200 will have alot more torque though.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Can someone provide a bit more information about the fan, and how it is removed for use in the water? How does it connect to the esc and is it easy to remove? Pics would be great too, thanks!

RC Qualifier
    The fan will connect to the receiver box just like the ESC does to remove it the two tabs on the side have to be lifted outwards use a flathead screwdriver or a butter knife to pop them out and this will remove the fan
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Champion
    Here you go, a couple pics of the mamba 2 with fan shroud removed.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. That heatsink looks pretty solid actually. I bet with some well placed winshield/rear window holes, you could get some serious airflow over it at 30mph, maybe even more than the fan itself!
    That would be the best case scenario, as I would probably want to just run it without the fan as having to reinstall it each time sounds lammme

RC Racer
    Do I need any different screws to mount the 2200kv motor or can I use ones from he titans

If I need screws what size?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-06-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunamonkey View Post
    Do I need any different screws to mount the 2200kv motor or can I use ones from he titans

If I need screws what size?
    The 2200kv motor comes with screws but I used the screws from the titans anyway.

RC Racer
    Ok thank you

RC Racer
    i was just wondering because i need the screws form the titans to bolt them in a new rolling chassis i got off of ebay

RC Racer
    Does it matter Wat channel you plug the fan on the esc in?

RC Competitor
    no you u just have to flip it in the channel if it doesnt turn on. i put mine in channel 3 and the motor fan in channel 4.

RC Racer
    Ok finally got it running. First run hit a stone flipped and broke shock tower. Only 30seconds into the run

RC Competitor
    I've already broke mine twice since going brushless. Both times were crashes lol that mamba monster is quick!

RC Racer
    Yea love it never going back

RC Racer
    Trout150-have u had issues keeping the pinion gear tight?

RC Competitor
    Nope they have a little play. I haven't shimmed them either. I just twisted a right rear c.v. so I'm not having any problems with diffs yet.

Are your bearings ok? When I had the titans the pinion bearings craped out. The truck would click/ting.
    Last edited by Trout150; 04-14-2013 at 05:56 PM.

RC Racer
    Well my pinion gear won't stay tight I have loctite on it and it still keeps sliding up the shaft

RC Competitor
    I haven't experienced this yet. I would assume if you shimmed your diff it would fix your problem. Do you have pics of the problem?

RC Qualifier

Mamba monster 2

I just got mine and find it hard to believe the fan isn't water resistant. Its just a 5 doller fan with runs off of .1 amps. There is no way its 'mud' resistant, which I have a feeling why they branded it as 'non water resistant'

Has anyone ran there's in the rain or puddles yet? I'm tempted to as it seems like a pain to unscrew the mount and remove the fan each time, but I'm like everyone and tend to follow instructions with pricy purchases.

At first I thought you read it wrong, but I have come to believe that perhaps you did not consider all the possibilities. It is no secret that water is a much denser fluid than air. What do you think would happen to a cheap five dollar fan that is claimed to be waterproof when some knucklehead tries to run it under water? Answer: it burns out and the whole ESC is sent back to Castle because it failed. I sincerely doubt that you plan to use your Mamba Monster 2 in this manner, but you have to admit that some people would.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =