RC Enthusiast

cooking tlhe glow plugs

hey guys i have started to have alot of issues with my motor. I ran this motor for awhile its had parts changed and taken care of very well. As of late tho after running a few mins the motor will shut off and the glow plug cooks and needing a new one. Is that from a over heating or not? I have plenty of smoke coming out bc i was scared i was running lean and getting to hot but i know its running pretty rich just because i was trying my best to keep the temp down. Im not sure of the temp its running and but im not getting any smoke or boiling type sounds out of the motor so im not sure. Also right before this happens my motor tends to start being sluggish under throttle. Any ideas guys? thanks

I'd bet $1 your lsn is too lean, so when you truck idles, it heats up, killing the glow plug. That's what killed 90% of my glow plugs.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    thanks man ill see what happens tomorrow when i take it back to the track to run it. If you have it to rich are you ever going to hurt anything other then power?

If you run it overly rich it can over pressurize the motor and split the rod. Get it at optimum tune and go just a bit richer so it still runs good just not sluggish and you'll be set.

Usually it's a lean condition somewhere in your tune that kills plugs. The filament gets too hot and burns up. Sometimes you can just get a dud plug.

RC Enthusiast
    I was just having the exact same problem take a look at your engine bearings and check for air leaks that was my problem

RC Enthusiast
    hey guys i did alot of playing with the Low Speed and it seems to have worked out my issue so im hoping that whene i go to race it tonight my issues are gone. Thanks alot i have another question but i will do it in a diff spot