RC Enthusiast

Bearings?????? Avid Replacements????

I need engine bearings, i was wondering if i could get by with the 1 dollar avid bearings or if i would need to buy the actual motor bearings from avid or traxxas? I'm guessing that there will be air passing thru unless i buy the engine bearings. another question i was wonderng the dimensions of the one way, does avid make a one way replacement?

No you want to go with "engine" specific bearings and they will cost some $$ because they are of a higher standard than normal bearings. They have to have tight tolerances and be able to withstand the high RPM's. Avid does offer engine specific bearings though, prices don't look to bad either $5 for fronts and $8 for rears for normal engine bearings. Ceramic ones are higher. Front size is 7x17x5mm Rear is 12x21x5mm.

As far as the OWB Avid probably does have a size that will replace the Traxxas OWB, but the way the Traxxas part is made the OWB is pressed into a steel housing with flat sides to go into the EZ start or a pull start. Look up Traxxas part # 5211R and you'll see what I mean. If you can press out the OWB and measure it with calipers then you can get a replacement for $4 at Avid rather than $20 for the whole piece.

Save your money if the bearing blew out your going to have more damage the the engine then just the bearings (the piston and sleeve and maybe the head) if you buy a new engine it will come with a new OWB too and you also will get a pull start.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMHR3&P=ML
    Last edited by fallonguy; 05-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks i just did the engine replacement plan. I had seven gallons on it anyway so it was time.