RC Enthusiast

slayer running great, now what?

I finally had my slayer just where i wanted it. I ran about four or five tanks, and i blew a glow plug. That was the start of all my problems. I changed it and i began driving, it isnt running lean and i blew another glow plug in the matter of ten minutes. I changed it again and my clutch bearings went. Changed them and my glow plug went again. Okay so to make a long story short i went through a bunch of glow plugs and clutch bearings. Is there any reason that both of these would be going like that, its very expensive and quite annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how often if at all do you guys clean your carb, i think maybe its dirty or gummed up or something.

You should not really have to "clean" you carb. When you do your afterrun procedure and you put wd-40 or after run oil down the carb, it keeps it clean.

How do you know it is not too lean? Is there a nice trail of smoke? Do you know the engine temperature? Outside temperature?

Look here to help diagnose glow plug problems.

I am not sure about the clutch bell bearings giving way. Could be a chance they the clutch is slipping too much causing excess heat build-up. How does the clutch contact surface look?

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Enthusiast
    well i figured out my problem. my engine bearings went. now i have another question, can i use cheap one dollar avid bearings or will they not seal right? make ceramic engine bearings but if i can get by with the one dollar ones till i do my engine replacement that would be great.