RC Competitor

Slash 4x4 and 2.8 Trenchers Wheels/Tires

Hi guys,
    I just got my Slash 4x4 and I want to change my stock wheels to Trenchers 2.8. Do I need to change anything else like gearing etc? Or I'll be fine with stock car and those monster truck wheels? Any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    It depends on what battery you'll be running. On 2s, it'll be hard to run with stock gearing so I'd recommend stepping it down to about 11 tooth pinion to handle the power, and you'll need Fans and Heatsinks for both Motor and ESC. On 2s, you really should be fine as long as you aren't bashing with speed pinion. I run 14 tooth pinion, but I have an upgraded motor and I think it's perfect, I just didn't want too much torque that it would wheelie.

RC Competitor
    Thanks, I have stock battery which is Traxxas 2cell 4200 25C 7.4V. I just want to keep my car the way it's now, I mean same power etc only with those monster truck tires. It's my first car so I don't really now much about it. Also thinking about battery/charger upgrade soon and also I have no clue what should I look at... I would go with bigger battery.
    Thanks for your help!

What kind of fans and heatsinks should i get for it? Do u have any links to sites where I can get them?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-03-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    It depends on what battery you'll be running. On 2s, it'll be hard to run with stock gearing so I'd recommend stepping it down to about 11 tooth pinion to handle the power, and you'll need Fans and Heatsinks for both Motor and ESC. On 2s, you really should be fine as long as you aren't bashing with speed pinion. I run 14 tooth pinion, but I have an upgraded motor and I think it's perfect, I just didn't want too much torque that it would wheelie.
    Thanks, I have stock battery which is Traxxas 2cell 4200 25C 7.4V. I just want to keep my car the way it's now, I mean same power etc only with those monster truck tires. It's my first car so I don't really now much about it. Also thinking about battery/charger upgrade soon and also I have no clue what should I look at... I would go with bigger battery.
    Thanks for your help!

What kind of fans and heatsinks should i get for it? Do u have any links to sites where I can get them?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    I just ordered fans, heatsinks and I chose Traxxas 3S Lipo 5000mah 25C battery. What gearing will I need for this setup? Like I said before I'll be converting it to monster truck in near future.

RC Enthusiast
    it should run about the same speed as it did with the stock tires, if you run an 11 tooth pinion.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by gowic View Post
    it should run about the same speed as it did with the stock tires, if you run an 11 tooth pinion.
    Thanks,

Is it the right one?

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Robinson..._p/rrp1211.htm

RC Qualifier
    No, stock pinion is 3mm not 5mm, and .8 mod (Also known as 32p) not 1.0 mod.

I'd buy a cheap aluminium fin setup for the velineon off ebay or amazon. That can be a cheapo... Buy one for a 540 motor can.

Buy a traxxas brand fan for the esc, it fits and plugs right in.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I'd buy a cheap aluminium fin setup for the velineon off ebay or amazon. That can be a cheapo... Buy one for a 540 motor can.

Buy a traxxas brand fan for the esc, it fits and plugs right in.
    I'm getting them