RC Enthusiast

Slayer pro upgrade help

So I have a slayer pro and I bash with it I run it everywhere the beach included. I was thinking about putting dual steering servos,sway bars and stiffer springs. I'm new to nitro so I was wondering if the dual servos is worth it? What is a great all around suspension set up? Also what diff oil should I use I need more bite and I rather not put a locker kit on it because I run on asphalt rarely though

RC Competitor
    I would stick with just a single steering servo, as long as you are using a hitorque servo you'll be fine. The REVO and Slayer Pro use the same chassic, that is why there a spot for a second steering servo.

I highly recommend the sway bar upgrade. Made a hugh difference on my Slayer Pro.

If you are looking for more bit, I'd recommed going to 45K oil in the rear. As for springs, and shock oil, you just need to play around with it until you get it how you like, however if you run all all different kinds of surfaces, you're unlikly to find a set up that works great on all of them.

Bill

RC poster
    I will second the recommendation on the sway bar upgrade and would recommend the Traxxas brand. You may also look into upgrading to 17mm hubs so you can run 1/8 buggy tires. I haven't got stiffer springs yet but thats next on my list. I also bought the 50W oil for the shocks but haven't had time to use it yet to see the difference, I am working all the time, go figure... I am on vacation next week though, so I should be able to tell you a little more about what types of differences you can expect in these upgrades. In general, if the upgrades are cheap enough I go ahead and buy them so at least I have spares and options on hand if I am going to run on different surfaces.

If you want to play with gearing it for faster speeds or more torque, you can buy various spur and clutch bell gears so you can switch these up depending on the conditions. Basically for faster speeds you want a lower tooth count on the spur gear, like 36t and a higher tooth count on the clutch bell gear, the opposite this for higher torque. I just checked and they make a 36, 38 and 40t spur gear and a 14, 15, 16 and 17t clutch bell gear, you just have to make sure you adjust the engine screw to return it to the proper mesh after installation. Also, I think its a general principle that if you upgrade to the 17mm hubs to run bigger tires, you probably want to gear it for more torque instead of faster speeds to compensate for the bigger tires.

One last item, this is a good tuning guide that teaches you how to adjust camber, toe angle, ride heighth etc. which is something I was going to experiment with next week.

http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/new...p-Tuning-Guide

And I agree with river, you're unlikely to find a setup that works great for every condition, so its best to learn how to make adjustments or swap out parts to match the conditions before you head out, that's my philosophy. Good luck and let us know how things are going with various setups, I am always wanting to learn tips from other peoples experience.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the tips guys. I've ordered a few parts and ill let y'all know how it turns out