Thread: Need help!

RC Competitor

Need help!

Hey guys. So i owned a rustler before but sold it. And now i got another one. Lol. I need help with gearing. Im running a 2s lipo, stock electronics and stock tires. Im looking to convert my gears from 48p to a 32p gear because i heard they are alot stronger. Anyways. In trying to find the rught gearing for decent speed but i dont really want any temp problems. So what gearin is good? Only post 32p gearing. Thanks!!

RC Competitor
    Ohh and i will mainly be bashing in dirt and cut grass

RC Champion
    54 spur and 14 pinion both in 32pitch will do you good. i ran 54 spur and 13 pinion in my slash and didnt have much of an issue with temps and got good speed. you can run a 13 pinion to stay cooler but i think you should be just fine on a 14

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    54 spur and 14 pinion both in 32pitch will do you good. i ran 54 spur and 13 pinion in my slash and didnt have much of an issue with temps and got good speed. you can run a 13 pinion to stay cooler but i think you should be just fine on a 14
    +1

I would start at 14/54 if it's on a Velineon, that's what I used to use on a track and had no heat issues.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

14/54 sounds a little high for grass. Isn't that about 23/83?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    start with a 13 pinion and go from there. check your temps. if temps are very cool still then up it to 14.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    Thanks. What should I use for 3s?

RC Champion
    the same. you will be at 50+ on 3s with that gearing. i had gearing in my 2wd slash before and i did 51mph for about 4 miles straight following it in my friends car. he could barely keep up with it. lol

RC poster
    hi guys i have bought stage one conversion kit those little clips that rap around threadless bolts how do i get them on and off the easyest way thank you DONALD EVANS UK

RC poster
    I HAVE 1/10 EVEVO 1/10 RUSTLER 1/10 SLAYER 1/16 SUMMIT 1/16 MUSTANG ALL BRUSHLESS EXEPT FOR SLAYER WHICH IS NITRO i have just rebuilt rustler every thing chase shocks shock towers you name it it been replaced with INTEGY hop up parts can you tell me how to remove threadless bolt clips and put back on do i need special tool THANKS DON

RC poster
    Thats erevo 1/10 cant aford to hop up but rustler done every thing few hick ups but at least it still runs ha ha

RC Champion
    start a new thread don.