RC poster

Slash 4x4 MIP axles on a Stampede 4x4?

Has anyone ever done this before? My LHS has axles for a slash, but not for my stampede. Is there any interchangeability here? I'd really like to have my truck for the weekend and would rather not wait for shipping.

RC Qualifier
    As far as I know as long as they are slash 4x4 you are good to go. Should be the exact same thing. Make sure you get slash fronts and rears. Good luck.

Sent from Oser world

They are the same really the only difference in the two trucks are the chassis and obviously the tires, bumper and body.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Just remember to use a little red threadlock and good tools and then let sit for 24 hours to dry and your good to go bro....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

There is no difference in the stock axles and neither in the MIP ones. It's just that Traxxas uses the same part numbers and MIP made new part numbers for some reason. Strange enough they didn't change any part number from separate parts.

Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    I had asked a question in 2 other posts but never got a reply but since theres a blue print to refer to I'll ask again. Part # 10127 is a rear bearing crush spacer is this to be installed even though I have aluminum casters, bearing carriers & steering knuckles?

RC Racer
    are you talking about the 17mm hex's?
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgriff View Post
    I had asked a question in 2 other posts but never got a reply but since theres a blue print to refer to I'll ask again. Part # 10127 is a rear bearing crush spacer is this to be installed even though I have aluminum casters, bearing carriers & steering knuckles?
    Is there a reason not to? Just asking. I also have aluminum carriers.

RC Enthusiast
    oh sorry about that I pretty new still! I have mip's all around on the rear the spacer between the bearings I never installed am I suppose to? and for the 17mm hex adapters I haven't put them on yet I was going to this weekend but am I suppose to install the bearing crush spacer aswell? I really don't want to wreck anything since I've put a lot of upgrades to make it bulletproof and being new and unsure I need advise and guidance thanks to you all

RC Enthusiast
    when I put on the aluminum carriers I put new bearings in if I remember correctly the bearings went in from the outsides so I didn't know what that spacer was really for since the bearings can't be pushed together

when I put on the aluminum carriers I put new bearings in if I remember correctly the bearings went in from the outsides so I didn't know what that spacer was really for since the bearings can't be pushed together
    The spacer prevents the inside rings of the bearings pushed outwards. So yes, you better use that, also with alu carriers.

RC Enthusiast
    ok Thankyou I never thought of it that way it makes sense to me now thank you

RC Champion
    Yes, use the spacer.

And on the mip hexes, a lot of people think that grub screw is to lock the hex onto the axle, like the hex pin on the stock axles. Really, it's just to keep it from slipping off the axle when you take the tire off. Use red threadlock, but that grub screw doesn't have to be super-tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Yes, use the spacer.

And on the mip hexes, a lot of people think that grub screw is to lock the hex onto the axle, like the hex pin on the stock axles. Really, it's just to keep it from slipping off the axle when you take the tire off. Use red threadlock, but that grub screw doesn't have to be super-tight.
    I don't know if the MIP shafts changed lately, but the ones that I use, have a round hole on the diff end side, so they definately need a screw that not only prevents them from sliding off but also from turning around on the diff shaft. The HPI pins are a good solution to secure them.

RC Champion
    +1 on the HPI pins. I use them too.

They are a lot better than stock mip grubs and traxxas do some that fit but need a light trim .....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I installed the Slash MIPs on my Stampede with no problems. If you need help, search youtube for Stampede MIP CVD installation. In the video, the guy uses the Slash MIP part for his Stampede.

RC Enthusiast
    Does anyone know the hpi pin size or part number

Does anyone know the hpi pin size or part number
    See post #14.