RC Qualifier

T Bone questions

After having the truck apart for upgrades I noticed that the T Bone bumper and servo guard don't line up flush....I can't remember if it was like this before the a rpm arms were installed or not...Please T Bone users let me know if yours is like this or have I bent or incorrectly installed something..The servo guard bulges out where it meets the bumper and is closer to the ground...

RC Racer
    Mine is exactly the same setup as yours and mine also sticks out. I tried different ways of installing it but could not get the 2 pieces to stay flush. It hasn't affected the way it handles so I'm ok with it for now.

RC Enthusiast
    I have the black guard, sit's about the same, fairly close together.

RC Qualifier
    My pede has RPM A-Arms as well, but the servo guard still sits flush even after VERY heavy bashing. I did some bashing yesterday with a cousin of mine doing tons of flips. Broke one of the front body mount holes on the stock stampede lid. Everything else stayed the same!

Comparing my servo guard to yours, it looks like the clear servo guard cover is less flexible than the grey ones. What I meant to say is that is does not go back to it's natural shape compared to the one I have.

Anyways, here are some pics of my servo guard:

Last edited by stampede_fanatic; 05-04-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added more pics
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

Can you file a bit of material off to make a flush surface? I think I'd try that with a flat file.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    You dont have the stock bumper on underneath, I went through the same thing thats the fix, the stock is supposed to stay on and support t-bone bumper.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    You dont have the stock bumper on underneath, I went through the same thing thats the fix, the stock is supposed to stay on and support t-bone bumper.
    I tried installing it that way and the fit is horrible and the supplied screws don't come close to being long enough to pass thru both bumpers and be tight

RC Qualifier
    I would file them down. Should only take a few minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Yes but have you noticed if you dont put it on over the stock bumper and plate the tbone bumper touches the a-arms, look and you will see it restricts the a-arm travel. I used the screws they supplied and I beat the Heck out of my stampede and the screws never backed out nor has the bumper ripped out. Take a close look you will see.
    Last edited by makuloco2000; 05-05-2013 at 12:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Tried to install both bumpers and....well now none of the bumper screws will tighten at all...so now I've taken a small problem and made the truck unusable

RC Racer
    little ca glue in holes fixes them right up

The T-bone for the front bumper of my Ofna LX2E has the same design, it goes over the stock bumper.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    I don't think your truck is unusable now. Just put it back the way it was or go to the hardware store or hobby shop and look for longer screws. Mine worked fine with the supplies screws and the stock bumper.

RC Qualifier
    I think I messed the holes up but managed to get them in and pretty tight...I ordered a new diff case to replace it in the future.....just $5 new on ebay....what size screws are supposed to go in ? How long

RC Qualifier
    if you check on the diagrams for the pede it will tell you all the screw sizes you need - very handy for learning your way around the truck :-)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cossack4 View Post
    if you check on the diagrams for the pede it will tell you all the screw sizes you need - very handy for learning your way around the truck :-)
    Great idea there

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxasnoob2012 View Post
    I tried installing it that way and the fit is horrible and the supplied screws don't come close to being long enough to pass thru both bumpers and be tight
    I just got my T-Bone today with the servo guard and mine fits pretty good. There are 4 screws that are longer then the rest you will use two of those at the very end of the T-Bone front bumper. At first it was hard to get the screws in all the way in there but it will go in with an angle to it and at the same time press down on the T-Bone front bumper.

Last edited by jtalaue; 05-08-2013 at 08:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Mine fit good too...at first...Now the threads are pretty messed up...Probably my fault After a bashing session earier tonight one screw baced out a little...I put some super glue into the threads...and it seems to be ok for now...But I will replace the items with the messed up threads and it should be all good

RC Racer
    The t-bone front bumper has at least two different designs. I thought that the former design with the metal rod installed w/o the stock skid plate, while the new design installs over the stock skid plate.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    The t-bone front bumper has at least two different designs. I thought that the former design with the metal rod installed w/o the stock skid plate, while the new design installs over the stock skid plate.
    That is definitely good to know cause I didn't know they had two different models. So which model you think is better?

RC Racer
    I may be wrong regarding the first design. After looking more closely at stampede fanatic's front bumper (older design), it appears that his stock skid plate is installed (pics on his build thread). Maybe he will chime in.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Competitor
    Got my bumper and servo guard in the mail today.

Installed in 10 minutes... both pieces line up perfectly.

Cheers!

RC Qualifier
    I emailed Tbone and they had some screw options for the stripped holes....I placed an order for 10 larger screws that they claim will rethread the holes and tighten it right up....For $6 I hope this helps..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I may be wrong regarding the first design. After looking more closely at stampede fanatic's front bumper (older design), it appears that his stock skid plate is installed (pics on his build thread). Maybe he will chime in.
    Yes, I did install my tbone racing servo guard over the stock skid plate.

Speaking of old/new designs, the 2 differences between them are:
    1)The material used on the bumper and servo guard. The new design bumper and servo guard is supposed to be stronger than the old design due to the compound used on the plastic.

2)The shape of the servo guard. The old design goes straight on the sides, the new design is curved on the sides.

Here's a pic of it of the old design. (The one I currently have). The servo guard is straight on the sides.

Here's a pic of the new design. The servo guard is curved on the sides (Photo Courtesy of jtalaue) :
    Last edited by stampede_fanatic; 05-15-2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Added pics...
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!