Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth it?

RC Enthusiast
    Not yet. Running it in the stock batteries. And I'm not overly impressed. My new Stapede came with a Lipo and I've run it for about 30-45 minutes and brely hit the 50%. I got out tonight , with dead bats, so I put in two lipos... Not matched, but both charged and brand new. I only ran her for about 15 minutes...but she ran like a race champ! I have 1 new Onyx 5700. I'll pick up another and dedicate them to the Summit. The trucks amazing and both my Summit And Pede 4x4 VXL amaze me in how well they stop!

Couple of questions.. Is it bad to run it full throttle in low gear. No flipping of the switch, just a short jump across some dirt?

When bashing around the beach or yard. She squats down a lot! What's the fix for this? Springs? I don't want to give up crawling but it's getting used for both. I could sacrifice "a little" on crawling if needed.

Is there a way to raise the body ? Just a little. To give it a bigger/taller look ?

Thanks for the help

Paul

RC Racer
    To help with the squatting change the rear springs for double orange ones (the same as the ones in the front), you could put thicker shock fluid in the shocks also 70-80 wt.

Most people lower their bodies to help lower the center of gravity.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Champion
    With the rear squat I started changing out the springs for the double orange. Did not like that by the time I had set the preload to stop the squat the rear was sitting way to high for my liking. Changed the oil and now put the original springs back in I personally find it better. Still playing with the preload but now I have the rear level the way I want it. I'm giving the adjusters about 1 full turn untill I get it perfect for me. I'm almost their now I'm just adjusting after my runs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcaola View Post
    Thanks guys..pics tomorrow when I get to work

Paul
    Send us some piccs, I want to see your new toy.

RC Qualifier

Couple of questions.. Is it bad to run it full throttle in low gear. No flipping of the switch, just a short jump across some dirt?
    Paul
    I run mine full throttle in low gear all the time. Im a little more gently with the diffs locked in. I never go full throttle in low gear with the diffs locked and turn real sharp. I don't do it with my full size Jeep and I don't do it to my Summit. Looks like it would be hard on the diffs. I always stop the truck before switching from high to low and vice versa. Once I have switched I go slow and wait to hear the click in the tranny and then I know it has engaged properly and then full speed ahead. Never shift hi/low on the fly.

RC Competitor
    i have mine locked in low gear permanently thanks to a bread tie (burnt servo) lol. when ever i go out to the lake to fish, i take my summit and fpv gear out and explore the unknown. its fun!

RC Enthusiast
    Is there a way to post pics? Or do I have to upload them to a server that I can use? Aka google docs or something. I took some pics on the rocks at the beach last week. It's still running like a champ. I raised that rear body mounts about 2 slots. It sits a little more level / *** a little higher.

Got my 2 Venom 5000 mah Lipos yesterday via USPS/ EBAY. Charging now ;-)

Other than a rare flip over... I hardly ever have to go get this thing unstuck... It will go anywhere. Take down small trees in the process !

RC Champion
    Is there a way to post pics? Or do I have to upload them to a server that I can use? Aka google docs or something. I took some pics on the rocks at the beach last week. It's still running like a champ. I raised that rear body mounts about 2 slots. It sits a little more level / *** a little higher.

Got my 2 Venom 5000 mah Lipos yesterday via USPS/ EBAY. Charging now ;-)

Other than a rare flip over... I hardly ever have to go get this thing unstuck... It will go anywhere. Take down small trees in the process !
    i use photobucket to post pics.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Enthusiast
    Pics
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Pcaola; 05-12-2013 at 08:21 PM.

RC Qualifier

RC poster
    They are addictive. Got my first one sometime in april and another showed up at the house this week.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampthing View Post
    Were you running it on LiPo's? I have to 8200 Mah LiPo's and I can run it for 2 hours, that is one of my favorite things about it, it just keeps going and going and going......
    I agree... charging up a set of SPC 8200s right now to head out to the camp with
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.