Thread: Motorsaver mod

RC Racer

Motorsaver mod

Just wondering if someone has the steps to mod the traxxas filter neck onto the motorsaver filter housing? The link to the misbehaving website appears to be dead.

Pics would be awesome too!

The motorsaver filter has changed since Misbehavin's article....

You can buy a Motorsaver filter that fits without modification now,, They come complete with everything you need..
    I see them for the TMAXX, the Revo and the Jato...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    I did buy the new one that has the clearance they speak of. But it's still a very small gap. Pulled my filter off the other day and noticed a 1mm hole in the neck from the spur gear I have ordered an integy filter neck that fits the revo. That will get me out of trouble
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 05-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.

You will find the Mugen 1/8th buggy filter neck to also give you good clearance and fits the diameter pretty well. Not sure on the motorsaver side of it though.... I use the Mugen filter assy anyways, no clearance problems...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Finally got my integy filter neck from tower (3weeks later) and it fits really well. Just have to make sure there is a tight zip tie around the carbie :-) no clearance issues at all. Very happy

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]

Update: ran fine with good temps till I put the body on, then temps exceeded 300.
    As the filter was touching the body, this was probably restricting the airflow somewhat, so I turned the neck around and now it sits right in the middle on top of the transmission. Temps dropped by 40 f instantly.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozrevoguy View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Update: ran fine with good temps till I put the body on, then temps exceeded 300.
    As the filter was touching the body, this was probably restricting the airflow somewhat, so I turned the neck around and now it sits right in the middle on top of the transmission. Temps dropped by 40 f instantly.
    Link to part # on tower please?

RC Racer
    T3168 is the number