RC Racer

Servo gets out of center on bumps?

Any reason this happens? I can be going slow and hit a small curb side ways and the wheels will stay locked in that position. Example if I come in towards a curb with the right side and the wheel hits the curb (fast or slow) the wheels will lock turning right, then I have to remove the skid plate and recenter the servo and put the servo saver back on? What can I do to stop this? Other then stop hitting curbs, because it will happen on small jumps to?

Thanks

RC Champion
    the teeth on the servo or servo saver are probably stripped. or the servo horn is not tightened to the servo very well
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    Are you sure its the servo? Sounds more like the linkage is binding up. If it is the servo try a different one and if possible set the endpoints on you radio.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    this used to happen to me all the time when i had a stampede and it was usually the servo's problem, sometimes the problem was that the gears in the servo are stripped, but it might be something else.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    The servo it's self is pretty new. I've had it on for about 2 weeks. I'll try to replace the servo horn or whatever the little piece is that the servo saver connects to.

RC Racer
    Fixed the servo issue. I removed the saver and the teeth on the servo horn (little round gear piece that goes on the servo gear) and it was almost smooth inside. After I put a new one on it would stay centered.

As a side question though? I have the traxxas turnbuckles and noticed that one side is longer then the other however the truck drives straight? Is that normal or is it bad and should I recenter the servo and make the turnbuckles the same length?