RC Enthusiast

Big Bore shocks a little too soft

I just added a set of big bore shocks to my 4wd stampede. I bled them and put them on with the stock springs but they are not quite fully extended when at rest and when you push it down it doesn't spring back up over half way.

I used the oil that came with them and bled them, they just don't seem near as stiff as stock .

Any suggestions?

You can add pre-load spacers to get the ride height up to where you want it or just buy stiffer springs to put on the shocks.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    thanks, I already tried the spacer with no change. maybe ill try to pick up some stiffer springs tomorow and see if that helps

RC Racer
    I just upgraded to 40 and 45 weight shock oil, I did not use the stock oil that came in the same package for the big bore shocks, and honestly they run just as normal if not better because I dont see the truck nose diving when I hit the brakes hard.

Yeah man i run 50wt all round and stock springs and it does sweet air with no worries.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I picked up some 40wt oil and some traxxas #5858 springs that the lhs said are stiffer but not sure.

RC Qualifier
    Big Bore spring listings, listed in % + or - from stock rate. Note 2 pages

http://buy.traxxas.com/default.php?c...sort=2a&page=1
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

Quote Originally Posted by cford View Post
    I picked up some 40wt oil and some traxxas #5858 springs that the lhs said are stiffer but not sure.
    Heavier shock oil will slow how fast the spring compresses and rebounds, in the case of the original poster it would likely make his issue worse.

Another thing to look for is if there is any binding or rubbing in the suspension system. If you disconnect the shock the suspension arms should move freely up and down and if left alone gravity should take them to their lowest position.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Losi has a full line of springs that fit the stock TRX shocks and are rated by stiffness. I'd suggest you try a set if the ones you just bought doesn't work out.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...