RC poster

nooby here fpv questions!

ello guys im new to this fast rc stuff ur product's look amazingly fast but im looking for a really fast rc car electric but im wanting it completely decked out with fpv futaba controller futaba shark and futaba track head thingy i want a car that can reach as furthest it can with as many antennas i can get with my budget so in short words im looking for a very very fast rc car with fully kitted fpv that reaches very far and is waterproof and camera also has to be good for live feed thanks guys and even if it means i gotta replace motor's i will do i want something ranging from 40-60 mph maybe or higher and i deffiently need that head tracker, the most important key is battery life,range,speed thats all, my budget is $1555 i will push it to $3000 if it's gonna be that good thanks guys.

RC Qualifier
    The fastest Traxxas car is the XO-1 ($1000+), it claims 100mph out of the box (new). But realistically it's more like 80-90mph without mods. But 60mph + can be very hard to control for A newbie, that's really fast for these little things. Running an electric car for too long at A time will burn up the motor. Nitro's have the longest run times. I've run my Jato ($400) for 6 hours straight without shutting it off more than A few times. The longer it runs the better it seems to like it. But there's A big learning curve with tuning A nitro. The Jato will do 60+ with A good tune, without changing anything. As far as radio's go, the stock ones will go far enough that it's hard to see and drive them at that distance, especially at high speeds. None of them come with A camera.

RC poster
    Ok thanks for your reply mark but im not here for the stunting dirt etc as traxxas is made for i just want it for drawing attention to this little car and drive around and explore places, and like you said it will overheat and that isnt good haha but back on track with nitro it cost's a bomb to buy im from the uk and it's like 30 for like 1 galon i don't know how much fuel it eat's, and about the controller ima get a futaba anyway haha, but im a total newbie and with nitro all u would hear is the engine running when the onboard live feed is running so thats a massive problem, isn't there anyway to cool the XO-1 from overheating cause i will be using it 1-3 hours maybe longer thanks.

RC poster
    also forgot to mention i need it like a truck like the traxxas summit so cameras can fit in it and it can't get stuck and other stuff battery life etc.

RC Qualifier
    The Summit is not very fast, it's more of A crawler. The E-Revo brushless is faster, it comes with the same motor as the XO-1 and you can put the Summit body on it if you like the looks. They make fans for the motor and esc to help keep them cool.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    The Summit is not very fast, it's more of A crawler. The E-Revo brushless is faster, it comes with the same motor as the XO-1 and you can put the Summit body on it if you like the looks. They make fans for the motor and esc to help keep them cool.
    I believe the XO1 uses a different, larger, motor. Probably still made by castle.

As for run times, if your gearing is fine you should be able to push batteries into any electric car all day long. I can bash for over an hour with my e-revo or hit LVC in 10-20 mins with speed runs but with proper gearing, my temps are always in check. I also run a home made motor cooler using the ESC fan mount from a Novak HV Pro esc and a computer CPU fan. Doesnt spin too quick but moves enough air to help.

Electric or nitro, with a proper tune/gearing you shouldnt have any heat issues for as long as you want to drive it. Nitro burns expensive fuel but the start up cost of a few batteries and a charger for electric can be expensive as well but the batteries are reusable!

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2