RC poster

Emaxx Steering servo

I have a 2055 model traxxas servo, its not together but i have all parts, can some post a pic of what it looks like internally, but together, the gears of course, thanks!

RC Champion
    ok i get it now!
    Last edited by revoman78; 05-01-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    No, i just got it in trade from craigslist, but servo gears need to be installed, i dont know what order they go in

RC Champion
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Ur a life saver, thanks!!

Grrr cant seem to get the peices to go correctly, it wont fit into the mounted spot
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-02-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Wiggle em and make sure everything is meshing right? post up pics of issue?
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC poster
    Sure, any good sites to host photos from my cell, im using that

http://www.imgxc.com/image/DZ1x7W

http://www.imgxc.com/image/ZfYrcv

http://www.imgxc.com/image/PYl15Z

Ok, i got it, servo is hesitating to turn right, it like pulses, somes times also when i turn left, a pulse, any ideas?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-02-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Do you have another radio to try? Not saying its the radio, but those old ones can be a pain. Or your servo could just be dead. I try to avoid opening them up at all costs cause i can never get em to work right again.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Champion
    If you lived in the uk i would of sent you one of my old servo's. I just use a cheap 4th generation clone from fleEbay.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

For starters, you are having assembly issues because you're assembling the servo backwards (in a sense). You should install the gears on the main servo body, don't install them in the servo's top; this will make life much easier for you. I also would recommend flipping the chassis over and removing the four screws that hold the servo's top to the chassis. From there, install the gears on the main servo body (the largest part with the wires coming out of it) and reassemble the servo's case.

If it's pulsing, you may have turned the adjustment knob in the servo (depicted in the diagram posted above as #11, the sensor pot). Do you see the large shaft with the two flat sides in your second picture? If that is turned even just a tiny bit when assembling the servo, the servo motor will be activated. Whenever I rebuild a servo, I plug the servo into the receiver and power up the electronics; doing that will allow you to know whether or not that shaft has been turned (you'll hear the servo's motor and see the gear(s) spinning). Turn that shaft until the motor stops (it can be finicky, so be patient) and then install the servo gears.

Good luck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Ok, will give it a shot, if its still pulsing im going to replace it on saturday, along with the batteries, it came with 2 duratrax 1500mah battieres, think im gonna go with 4000mah

Ordered 4300mah batteries and purchased servo 2056
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-05-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: merge

Weren't able to get it back together, eh? I'd keep trying, you'll get it eventually. I know that I had a heck of a time the first couple of times I did it. If you do manage to get the old one back together properly, then you'll have a backup servo.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Yes got the other servo back together, so now i have two.working.servos, it ended up being the.radio was faulty