RC poster

Spartan running straight ?! out of the box

Hi Guys,
    I'm curious to know if any of you got a problem with d boat tilting on 1 side (left)
    I saw your video and apparently with batts on both side the boat looks very stable....
    is it a problem with my boat? or all the Spartan got this issue and need to be modified?
    Hope u can help love this boat but dont like the way is riding on the water.
    Cheers
    Jean luc

RC Qualifier
    i am new to the boats but is it only while you are running? if so maybe the trim tab on the right side is bent to far down

RC Qualifier
    All RC boats will "torque roll" caused by resistance of the water to the prop turning.

How significant the torque roll is will vary depending on several factors like hull design, HP of motor, RPM, prop diameter and pitch, etc.

Prop rotation on the Spartan is counter clockwise (as are the majority of RC boats) therefore the hull will "torque" to starboard (right when looking at stern).
    i.e. "for every action, there is an opposite, and equal, reaction"

There are a few things you can do to help offset the problem.

1. check strut alignment to ensure you don't have too much negative (down) trim on the prop.
    2. adjust the starboard trim tab down slightly more than the port tab.
    3. run both batts on port side tray.

Especially on 6S the Spartan is a pretty powerful boat, and it has a very deep V to the hull, It is pretty much impossible to completely eliminate torque roll, but it can be managed.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are describing since you indicate your Spartan is leaning to the left and I'm not certain if you are looking at the bow or the stern. But torque roll is the most common cause of the hull rolling to one side.

hog
    Last edited by hog; 04-30-2013 at 04:45 PM.