Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my e-revo build

RC Enthusiast

my e-revo build

Ok i have recently purchased a e-revo brushless. I have been threw several sets of tires and minor parts.I just destroyed my first differential. In spite of the setback i have all the necessary parts on order to do the lst 2 mod i will post pictures as soon as i start the process. I also have the sway bar kit, summit bumpers, pro line trenchers, aluminum toe links and push rods for my car i will post picks as i go about fixing it but first things first i have to tear it down. Any suggestions would help.
    Last edited by littleman152008; 04-29-2013 at 09:48 PM.

RC Competitor
    Welcome to the Fourms!

Looks like you have a pretty good list there.
    Some things you may want to consider....

Dying the chassis black
    Taping the tires is a must( Gorilla tape 1.5-2 time around works good)
    Possibly summit shafts or CVDs

What sway bar kit are you using?
    Need more parts.

RC Enthusiast
    ok hear is a list of parts that i have already ordered for my e revo

sway bar #TRA5498
    rpm axle carriers #RPM 80582
    center drive shafts #TRA5650R
    summit bumpers front and back
    LST 2 differentials
    traxxas drive axle #5454 to be modified for LST 2
    losi drive shaft rebuild kit #LOSB3505
    losi front and rear diff/drive yolk #LOSB3541
    washers #Dub2108
    castle creations motor fan #mo400
    steel cv shafts #5451r
    carbon black aluminum toe links #5338A
    aluminum push rods #5318x
    class 3 clutch and steel spur 65 t

RC Enthusiast
    Ok took a few hours but the chassis is now bare will dye the chassis and my p2 rockers tomorrow when the sun rises.
    [IMG][/IMG]

hear is a pi of what it looked like before lol
    [IMG][/IMG]

i think i might get the rpm a arms when money allows it due to my hectic work schedule i will check post when i can but i will post picks as the parts come in

here is what i have so far
    [IMG][/IMG] any more suggestions would be appreciated
    Last edited by littleman152008; 04-30-2013 at 12:50 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    sway bar kit
    tra5498

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry the pictures suck was on my old phone got a better one today hope it takes better pictures as we speek my chassis is taking a bath in rit dye black hope it comes out good

RC Enthusiast
    this is a pic of my p2 rockers hanging waiting to get dyed
    [IMG][/IMG]

i had to use a bucket to dye my chassis due to the size here is a pick of the bath with boiling water

here is the finished product didnt come out as dark as i would have liked it but not bad for my first chassis dye looks a little blue black
    [IMG][/IMG]

i already trimmed the areas around the diff mounts on the chassis will trim more iff need be when i test fit the diffs when they come in hear is what they look like
    [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by littleman152008; 04-30-2013 at 05:44 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so i got bored and pulled apart my rear diff the bearing inside of the differential on the pinion gear disintegrated and my pinion and ring gear got messed up a little on the heavy side on my pinion but my ring was demolished hear are the pics of everything

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

plan on greasing all my bearing even my new ones when they come in iuse the same grease as MITCH316 the mobile 1 red grease find it works good just didnt think i would have bearing this early on
    Last edited by littleman152008; 04-30-2013 at 07:13 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    ok felt a little like christmas today some of my parts came in not all of them though so i can only do my rear diff at the moment

RC Enthusiast
    here is the diff disasembled ready to be modified [IMG][/IMG]
    for got to take a pic of the axle stubs will takeone on next diff
    even though the diff is brand new re greased all bearings just popped the seal with a knife and greased it up
    [IMG][/IMG]

i then put the center chunck for the diff and greased it up i decided to use grease because i went on a few losi forums and heard good reviews about how it worked willlet ya know what i think on the subject later
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    after a little bit of grinding whith my dremel the cases were readey to be painted and fitted
    [IMG][/IMG]

i painted and assembled the diff
    [IMG][/IMG]

next i shaved the bulkheads to fit the diff not my best work but effective

the diff fit really good but to hold it in place and remove wabble i hotglued it filling in all the air pockets and the spotts where i busted through the bulkhead
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] thats all for now while i wait on parts

RC Enthusiast
    ok upsjust dropped off somemoreparts here iswhat i haveto work with now still not enough to finish the front but i can finish the rear at least
    [IMG][/IMG]

i started to put my e revo back togetherthe only thing i dnt like about the rpm axel carriers is that the aluminum pivitball set screw is crap no matter how long you take to setin thethreads right it does not want to start right

diff fluid......grease will let the diff,,,diff to much jmo.. I would use at least 30k (stock)....I use 120k diff fluid...

the pivot ball caps for the knuckles are terrible to get started straight..in the RPMs..

looking good other wise.......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I tried 3 RPM hubs after sending rpm money for 2 extras and I couldn't get those threaded straight. I gave up and sold the true track set.
    Horrible design if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Enthusiast
    i went with a heavy grease and packed the crap out of it and im gladim not the only one who doesnt like the pivot ball caps

RC Enthusiast
    ok i put mot of the rear together greased all the bearing finally got the pivot ball caps in hope they hold being that the pushrods are 10mm longer then the stock ones and i am using the p2 rockers i put the push rods in the inner most setting
    here are the pics oh and i went get some 50k diff fluid from hobby shop if i dnt like the grease will try that next but it doesnt look like i will be able to finish build before i have to return to work so i will complete in a few weeks when i return here are the pics so far ANY SUGGESTIONS ON ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD TRY LET ME KNOW

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

dnt know if im going to keep the chevy body or run anything else on it any suggestions

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman152008 View Post
    ok felt a little like christmas today some of my parts came in not all of them though so i can only do my rear diff at the moment
    Are you going to use the centre shafts in the picture? Or your current stock / steel centre cvd's??

Also notice your running traxxas steel cvd's, how are you going to connect these to the diff?

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    if you look at the second pic on post 11 the out put shaft have been modified I took a traxxas stub axel and grinded the threads of and used those instead of the losi output cups and on the center shafts all im going to use is the connecting cup and modify the center steel drive shaft to fit it part #5650r will post pics on this later

RC Enthusiast
    ok for the center drive shaft here is a list of things needed and pics I would have not bought the drive cups or pins if I knew that the axels would come with them

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    ok first thing you do is pull the red rings back on the drive shafts and push the pin out
    [IMG][/IMG]

then you take the losi drive cup and two of the washers one on each side of the ball on the cv shaft the washers will have to be bent slightly to fit then insert the pin into the drive cup

then I follow MITCH316 and add a little heat shrink to keep the pin in and add a little protection

finished project
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Don't forget to install metal retainers from stock carriers onto those RPM axle carriers, unless you enjoy popping pillow balls back in several times during every driving session.

RC Enthusiast
    I took everything off the stock carriers I think when I do the front ones I will post picks of all the steps its just those darn pivot ball caps them make me so mad grrrr lol

RC Enthusiast
    ok so I got my stub axels in part # 5454 so I can finish my front axel and modify the bulks to fit

cut the threads off the stub axels and fitted them to the gears

I packed the diff with grease before installing the gears
    [IMG][/IMG]

I didn't have to shim anything inside the diff

I modified the inside of the front bulkhead to fit the modified diff
    [IMG][/IMG]

hot glued it in place to stop movement of the diff
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    I installed the bulkheads with the drive shafts mounted to them then I installed the transmission had to do it this way to be able to install the drive shafts on the transmission
    [IMG][/IMG]

I then installed my shocks rockers aluminum pushrods toe links a arms and cv shafts
    [IMG][/IMG]

next I put the rpm axel carriers together I took of the retaining ring of the old ones with a knife and pressed them on the new ones
    [IMG][/IMG]

I took the case off the bearing and for a new bearing it had no grease this is why I grease everything

I went ahead and put on the hubs and all the electronics it was almost ready

I then put on my tires and adjusted the toe

its to dark outside to go test it out so I will test it tomorrow and report how it goes

RC Enthusiast
    ok got to play with my revo today I like the way it handles I only played for about a half hour but it feel it responds better to take offs and I hit a few jumps today probably the highest it has been off the ground since i bought the revo I got about seven feet off the ground and it took it likea champ

any other ideas for mod would be appreciated
    what would be a good body for my beast to wear

RC Competitor
    Hi littleman152008,

Looking good with the LSt2 mod. I noticed that you went with the traxxas swaybar kit. I like the tekno one because it sits a little lower on the chassis.imho You may want to upgrade to a single servo. I like Savox servos for my RCs. You could upgrade to the new Mamba Monster 2...
    Need more parts.

RC Enthusiast
    I plan on the single servo upgrade and maybe the mmm2 upgrade I put the traxxas one because I was able to get it for 6$ on ebay

RC Enthusiast
    ok the new damage done to my revo after my second run on 6s yesterday I felt like hitting a few jumps and the ditch in front of my mom is perfect for good launches I did a few test jumps and when i got comfortable I decided to go big my first few jumps were superb after about 10 - 15 jumps I ended up snapping a dogbone on front cvd and the center pin in rear driveshaft I have not pulled everything apart yet don't have the time will post pics later I ordered summit shafts for my e revo heard good reviews and they are cheaper to replace

RC Qualifier
    So I have been wondering for a long time, how do you die parts like what do u need?
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Enthusiast
    ok new parts came in
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I assembled the shafts will, put them on when I get back from work in a few weeks
    price overall was
    differential output drive #5653 x 4=36$
    half shaft set, long #5656 X 2=11$
    stub axel cv #5654 x 4=36$
    I purchased them on ebay for a good price no for the most part all I should have to worry about replacing is the half shafts and at 5$ for a pack of two its a better save then the having to buy a whole set of the steel cvd for 50$ at the cheapest
    here is what they shafts look like assembled
    [IMG][/IMG]

I put the rubber boots on the side closest to the diff to hopefully reduce some of the dirt getting in the cvd

Its come together nicely...my mods are holding up well still wth no issues .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    yeah I tried the steel cvd just to see some of the other people said they had no issues with mild play but I say go big or go home and im a avid buyer on ebay so I try to get the parts cheap cause my local hobby shop is just too expensive for the price of most of my mods if I would have bought them at the shop I could have bought a new e revo but so far thanks to ebay only a few hundred spent

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so today at work I got a little bored and ordered some parts for my e revo here is the list
    Black maximizer beadlocks 1/2 offset 3.2" 60$
    Gt2 tires 60$
    And a hpp motor mount 50$
    E max 275$ used twin 550 motors
    will post picks when they come in man I hate when I get bored I spend so much lol

^^^Nice mate...I really like my GT2's on the Maximizers...Great for big air .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Ok I know it's been a while sense I have been on but work hasbeen killing me lately the only thing I have new to report is that after locking my rear diff pos I have destroyed yet another one I will try to post pics of the rebuild when I get the parts I am currently at work and wont be home for a few weeks

RC Qualifier
    Like the work. I was checking out how much material you removed from the diff cases for my lst2 diff mod. I tried to do it by only grinding on bulkheads but mowing know I need to work over the cases to.
    Revo LRP 30x
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Qualifier
    Don't you have bigger pics? they are so small, the mininum should be 800x600. Can't see that work very good that way!
    Keep it coming!

the pic are thumb nails, click on one it take you to his Library..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier

Nah, man if it was that i will shut up my mouth! If i click the images it goes to photobucket in the same size!
    I only open my mouth when i sure! Sometimes, lol!

I opened my photobucket account, go to edit size on that pic, and it show 250x333, have a look

Last edited by targetingxmod; 01-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I will got to the site and fix them as soon as I can the darn thing keeps formatting them so small