Thread: Tranny mod????

RC poster

Tranny mod????

Ok, so I've finally decided to make my summit into a crawler. What all exactly do i need to do? I do know that i need to lock the diffs. But i.don't know what to use. im also wondering about the tires and which ones are good. Just please imput your opinion. Thanks for your time

If is clean your not having fun.

RC Racer
    You have lots of options. Flip the gears in your transmission to start and order some super thick, like 500k diff oil and start from there.

You can lock the diffs with JB weld two part apoxy but you will break more pieces. Its like running with oit a slipper clutch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Doesn't traxxas make a locker kit for the 1/16 Summit?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    I'd check eBay for some weighted wheels and/or takeoff wheels/tires from a factory crawler.
    / 16

RC poster
    Can you explain to.me what weighted wheels are

If it'sclean your not having fun

RC Champion
    They're rims that allow you to add weights to them for crawling. The Summit has a high COG and weighted wheels will help lower that which helps keep the tires planted and will make rollovers less likely while on rocks.
    / 16

RC Racer
    the traxxas diff lockers and you can flip your transmission gears. there is a youtube video you could easily find with it done to a merv. you can also gear down by using a smaller pinion. since your mini summit already has a 55t spur. and i think any crawler 2.2 wheel and tires should fit stock no problem. crawler wheels can use internal weights that go between the wheel and the foam. that is what he ment. and that helps give more traction. most people use more weight up front. also lowering as much wieght as possible is another thing to do. it can be quite difficult so if you want a serious crawler i suggest you go somewhere else. because it would not handle serious crawling. but if you just want some simple backyard hill crawling you should be good.