Thread: Tool Kits?

RC poster

Tool Kits?

Wife just bought me a stampede 4x4 for my birthday. woo! I've already picked up some aluminum caps and ordered the t-bone front bumper and servo guard.

What tool kits do you guys use if any? are the tools that come stock good enough? I don't anticipate them being ideal...

Please advise! The addiction is about to become very real.

RC Enthusiast
    I have the traxxas start up kit made by Dynamite it has everything in it from sockets, phillips, flatheads and allen wrench all of these fit into a racheting handle i use mine all the time also some small side cutters and pliers are handy I keep all of my rc tools in a old tackle box

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I Just found these:
    http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=337

These are priced right, and the guy I got the link from said they are well liked in the heli section of the hobby. I want to get a set when I get some mo money...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Has the sizes you need for your pede!
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN3080

RC Competitor
    Welcome to the Addiction. There are 3 additional things you'll want to include:

1) Fan for the ESC... inexpensive insurance for a critical component of your Pede.
    2) Heat sink and fan for the motor.... That sucker can heat up fast when bashing... keep 'er cool. Another minimal insurance investment.
    3) A Lipo battery for more power and longer run times. Start with a 2s Lipo, and then only proceed to a 3s when you're ready to throw down more money to upgrade/replace more parts.

RC Qualifier
    Rag6, thank as for pointing those out. I have been looking for a set for a while and these look great. Might order a set tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I also have the dynamite traxxas kit. Nice compete kit but be prepared to get a new handle. Mine broke on the first screw felt very flimsy. I had a precision screwdriver set and the handle from that fit perfect

Its always a good idea to have mint tools because if you buy cheap you buy twice......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I also have the dynamite traxxas kit. Nice compete kit but be prepared to get a new handle. Mine broke on the first screw felt very flimsy. I had a precision screwdriver set and the handle from that fit perfect
    With the dynamite kit, people complain the hex ends wear down and then strip screws. There's an easy fix though. When it happens, just take a Dremel and file down the end a little bit.

RC Champion
    This is the set I use. http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...60&p_catid=161

Before people start hating on integy they don't make the shafts just the handles. I have had these for years and they are great. The shafts haven't wore out at all.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Its always a good idea to have mint tools because if you buy cheap you buy twice......peace
    This was one of those impulse buys.. did not really need it just needed to add some money on to a order for free shipping..hehe Now that my local shop is starting to see how popular the sport it they have some nice OFNA kits their that i will probably get

Now thats a good make of tools bro and they should last well ......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I have a number of Summits and I bought the Dynamite kit for Traxxas. They are a beginner set for me until I determine what I need. Didn't want to spend the big bucks until I educate myself. I also put a number of the tools that came with the summit in the kit, lug wrench mud plug tool etc. I dont like buying things twice but its worse to spend big money and then not have what you want.

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN2833

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Just so you guys know, dynamite sells much better tools than are in that kit above. I have and still use my 2.5 from that kit, but anything smaller got rounded very quickly. Yes I did dremel them time after time, but you only have 3 or 4 shots to do that. Get the black alum handle dynamites, with the blue rotator knob up top. I have a 2 and 1.5 that are good as new after a year of heavy use.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Just so you guys know, dynamite sells much better tools than are in that kit above. I have and still use my 2.5 from that kit, but anything smaller got rounded very quickly. Yes I did dremel them time after time, but you only have 3 or 4 shots to do that. Get the black alum handle dynamites, with the blue rotator knob up top. I have a 2 and 1.5 that are good as new after a year of heavy use.
    I can second that the 2mm and 1.5mm have given me fits time after time, I ended up buying a rdlogics 2mm driver, I think any machined driver is going to be better than a kit with changeable heads. If you do a search on this forum there are many good recommendations.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy