Thread: Need opinions

RC Qualifier

Need opinions

I have about 450 to spend on my Summit, Trenchers are a definite but I was wondering whether instead of going brushless with my Summit, should I pick up and E-Revo VXL or a Savage XS Flux? Im leaning more towards a brushless Summit but I thought I would get you guys opinions first
    Another option I have is just staying with my Dewalt and saving the 350 and putting it in the bank? Staying brushed will make my summit more reliable...
    Last edited by JoelRobbo; 04-28-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    If you want to bash real hard, then you can go brushless. If you just want crawling, Dewalt should be fine! The summit is not the best basher. I have a stampede 4x4 for bashing and wouldn't change it for nothing.
    ... for the fun of excess!

RC Qualifier
    I bash my summit now on Dewalt and feel it does really well. Also I think my "throttle punching" driving habit will cost in the long run of brushless.

RC Qualifier
    I am staying brushed. I'm picking up a Dewalt motor and conversion kit today to put on my Mod Summit. I have scoured the forum and I think to continue the type driving I'm doing the dewalt should do fine. What pinion gear do you run with your dewalt? I was going to get two a 19t and a 16t and try them each. In reading some of the posts from guys that have been here for a long time the feeling I get is if you want a vehicle to do 40 plus mph go buy an Erevo or simliar vehicle that are designed to do that. I don't know what type of batteries you run but I would spend the $170.00 or so for 4 SPC 8200mah lipos. My Nimh are just paper weights now. I love my Trenchers i have the 40 series with the zero offset Tech 5 wheels. It makes the width 2 inches less wide and I lowered the body for lower center of gravity. Have fun and enjoy.

RC Qualifier
    I have already made the decision to stay Dewalt as I feel it will be wiser in the long run. Im still running the stock gearing but Im pretty sure it's under geared because the motor is hotter than the ESC. Im going to order pinions going from stock - 20t and try a few different things. Mod0.8 gears right? Or 32p? Aren't they the same?

RC Qualifier
    32 pitch and a 5mm bore that is .8 mod

Ive been experimenting with a 25t RRP pinion on the 775, 35mph But speed runs only. gets to hot to bash for long.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    32 pitch and a 5mm bore that is .8 mod

Ive been experimenting with a 25t RRP pinion on the 775, 35mph But speed runs only. gets to hot to bash for long.
    Okay, thanks for the info I might go higher with my gear range and do some muck around speed runs with my mates rusty