RC Competitor

looking for new toy, need opinions

hey guys sorry if this is a little off topic for this section. i have the stampede 4x4 right now, it was my first rc car. looking to make a new purchase but i cant decide. I was thinking about something like the 1/16 ken block gymkhana, or the spartan boat. I cant decide which one to go with, let me know what your opinions are and the good and bad of both. thanks guys !

RC poster
    i'm of no help because i'm in the same boat. the 1/16 brushless e-revo has my attention right now though. they look like a blast! a drift car of some sort would be fun too.

RC Qualifier
    It all depends what your looking for...what are you looking for?
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Competitor
    yea i dont think id go with a revo because my stampede does what i need. i was thinking a street car, even the mustang boss vxl.. or the spartan boat.

Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    It all depends what your looking for...what are you looking for?
    im all over the map, im not really sure.. i wanted the spartan since i saw them but lots of people say they are a waste of money ? thats why i was looking at cars
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-29-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: merge

You need the new Rally. It'll drift, do speed runs, can be an offroad monster truck, SC truck... Endless possibilities with that platform.

I have 2 Rally's and they're both Blue (the fast color)
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

When you start with a 4x4 Pede, you are a bit spoiled. It is quite an allround car which can be used on many surfaces.
    I think O.G. has a good point with the Rally, especially the color. Lol.

1/16 platform is fun, but you will break parts more easy compared to a Pede.
    Boats still didn't become my thing since I keep failing in my attempts to walk on water.

Did you consider the QR-1 or DR-1 already?
    Nobody is born with experience

The rally would be my next choice because of the things you can do to it like the guys said or maybe a rustler for 2wd fun.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    1/10 rally! It converts so easily I to other things if you wanted, just like the p4de can.

RC Racer
    How about converting the pede to something else a'la URC's shapeshifter projects?

Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post
    How about converting the pede to something else a'la URC's shapeshifter projects?
    How about converting to a Sl4sh? That's quite a different truck.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    When you start with a 4x4 Pede, you are a bit spoiled. It is quite an allround car which can be used on many surfaces.
    I think O.G. has a good point with the Rally, especially the color. Lol.

1/16 platform is fun, but you will break parts more easy compared to a Pede.
    Boats still didn't become my thing since I keep failing in my attempts to walk on water.

Did you consider the QR-1 or DR-1 already?
    a rally would be cool, so you guys wouldnt go with the 1/16 model ? .. and no i havent considered the helicopters i havent heard much about them !

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The rally would be my next choice because of the things you can do to it like the guys said or maybe a rustler for 2wd fun.....peace
    my buddy has the 2 wheel rustler vxl and loves it. that could be an option also !

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post
    i dont wanna convert my pede i like it the way it is. rather buy a new toy !

You have got so many awesome choices i think you need to go with your heart and weight up the pros and cons and repair bills for parts and go from there man......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    If you live on a lake... I would say. Spartan. But I never want a drive to a place to play..
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    If you live on a lake... I would say. Spartan. But I never want a drive to a place to play..
    thats the thing i live walking distance from a nice quiet lake, that is the whole reason i was thinking about buying one !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisiq93 View Post
    thats the thing i live walking distance from a nice quiet lake, that is the whole reason i was thinking about buying one !
    Yeah if there was a lake within walkin distance to my house then definitely a boat I will buy.

Ooh maybe a submarine

RC Competitor
    i think i am gonna pull the trigger on a spartan.. my pede can do basically all i want for on land so i think it would be a better investment to go with a boat than another car or truck

RC Champion
    My 1/16 gymkana is a blast! It's tough as nails (when driven like a car) is the exact same as the 1/16 rally just a different body and tires. All 1/16 brushless rallys are the same speed the color doesn't matter.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I would suggest the 1/10 rally. Its quickly become my favourite RC in a sea of other great choices. Keep in mind, with a boat, you go round and round and then your done. I do own a boat, but it gets used pretty infrequently.
    You have a 4X4 offroad truck thats great for just about any offroad situation. Try a more "on road" platform like the Rally VXL... it needs only a few VERY minor upgrades to be perfect and drift style driving is not only a challenge but its also quite exciting.
    Id strongly suggest trying a boat befor you go and spend $500 on one. See if you like it first. Its not for everyone.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

IDK, I think if someone has the terrain to use a Summit, they'd be nuts not to get one.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    The boats have been more fun for me when you have two of them and another person to race. Otherwise, like said earlier, it's just going around fast for a little bit.

I'm still for the 1/10 Rally.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I would suggest the 1/10 rally. Its quickly become my favourite RC in a sea of other great choices. Keep in mind, with a boat, you go round and round and then your done. I do own a boat, but it gets used pretty infrequently.
    You have a 4X4 offroad truck thats great for just about any offroad situation. Try a more "on road" platform like the Rally VXL... it needs only a few VERY minor upgrades to be perfect and drift style driving is not only a challenge but its also quite exciting.
    Id strongly suggest trying a boat befor you go and spend $500 on one. See if you like it first. Its not for everyone.
    i wish i knew someone that had one.. the 1/10 rally's do look pretty sweet