RC Qualifier

New Proline Ford F650 body, waterproof Mamba monster ESC

In my fleet of Traxxas RC's the E Revo was always my favorite, but I've been really attached to my E maxx lately . I love the way it handles with wider offset wheels and soft springs. Rarely flips over when turning! So, to express my love for this truck I treated it to a new body and ESC motor combo. Painted a new ford f650
    body with custom headlight buckets front and rear. A red sharpie was used on the rear lights to keep them red and clear. I took out the Hobbywing combo and installed it on my sons E Revo . Took a spare MM that I had as a back up and waterproofed it with Liqud tape. I added a quick connect plug to the fan on MM so that I can disable the fan if I feel brave enough to drive it in water, lol!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJu4V4a6X-k

Last edited by Revoroller; 04-28-2013 at 04:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Headlight turned out really nice!

Carbon was easy to use and added nice small touches here and there.

RC Qualifier
    Seeking help with my TQI remote. I bought the 4 channel TQI to use the extra channels to control the lights on the new body.
    I took wiring from an old servo, connected it to my lights (red/black wire) and plugged it into receiver . Didn't connect the white
    wire on the servo wiring to anything . Turned on the truck and tried to operate lights with switch but nothing happens. The lights
    stay on. Is there something additional that needs to be done ? I've seen vids on YouTube of people doing this. Thank you in
    advance!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just picked that body yesterday, and a raptor body too. It looks great, like the hid's btw.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 04-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I just picked that body yesterday, and a raptor body too. It looks great, like the hid's btw.
    Thanks man! Raptor bodies are sweet! This project took lots of time to mask!

As always...like your work bro!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Cool truck dude

E

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    As always...like your work bro!
    Thanks Mitch !!!! I took a long winter break, but I'm back! Lol!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Egs3635 View Post
    Cool truck dude
    Thanks man

E[/QUOTE]

RC Competitor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller View Post
    Seeking help with my TQI remote. I bought the 4 channel TQI to use the extra channels to control the lights on the new body.
    I took wiring from an old servo, connected it to my lights (red/black wire) and plugged it into receiver . Didn't connect the white
    wire on the servo wiring to anything . Turned on the truck and tried to operate lights with switch but nothing happens. The lights
    stay on. Is there something additional that needs to be done ? I've seen vids on YouTube of people doing this. Thank you in
    advance!
    In order to control the lights with your remote you would need something called a "receiver controlled switch", just google it. This is one way I know, I'm sure there are other ways as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WMendo21 View Post
    In order to control the lights with your remote you would need something called a "receiver controlled switch", just google it. This is one way I know, I'm sure there are other ways as well.
    Thank you for your reply

After searching, I found the ******* receiver controlled switch, and bought three, lol!
    Last edited by Revoroller; 04-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Wow, the forum won't allow me to post the brand of the controller . Wow! Is it that serious ?

You no longer riding the eRevo bro? I have been thinking about building myself an eMaxx as I do like the look of the truck and how it handles...that paint job with the carbon fiber looks awesome .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    You no longer riding the eRevo bro? I have been thinking about building myself an eMaxx as I do like the look of the truck and how it handles...that paint job with the carbon fiber looks awesome .
    Still driving the ERBE bro, but started modding my emaxx, and love it just as much. I'm a little more gentle with driving the Maxx, and its more of my show truck. However, since I waterproofed the ESC, I will drive it in water and snow, with a different body of course. Might bash it, but nothing as extreme as what I do with the ERBE. I like the way the Maxx lands its jumps. Very soft!

Ordered a horn with the General Lee sound, from Dukes of hazard. Should have it all hooked up before the weekend
    Last edited by Revoroller; 04-29-2013 at 04:45 PM.

RC Champion
    Nice looking truck revo, Dont blame you for not wanting to trash the body after all that work. I keep one nice one for show too. Keep up the nice work!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller View Post
    advance!

Does the iPhone adapter work for you? I also have a tqi with dock and an iPhone 5. iPhone 4S works perfectly, but my 5 with adapter won't connect.. What did you do to get it working?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Nice looking truck revo, Dont blame you for not wanting to trash the body after all that work. I keep one nice one for show too. Keep up the nice work!
    Thanks man. Thinking of ordering HPI jeep wrangler bodies next! That will be my bash body

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Does the iPhone adapter work for you? I also have a tqi with dock and an iPhone 5. iPhone 4S works perfectly, but my 5 with adapter won't connect.. What did you do to get it working?
    Yes! It works fine! It gave a little trouble at first, but the system took me through a series of firmware updates, which too a long time. The update kept failing to complete . But after a half an hour of trying I successfully updated controller and receiver. iPhone 5 works fine now.

RC Qualifier
    Guess i should try again then!

RC Qualifier
    Rainy day here in Maryland, so I took the maxx out to play, along with my son's E Revo with the Hobbywing waterproof combo.
    Didn't see any smoke from my ESC's which is a good thing, lol! I really took my time with the liquid tape on my mamba monster. I added a quick connect plug to the ESC's fan. I felt like this was important if I am ever brave enough to drive my truck through high water . The talons really performed well on the wet asphalt. Great all around tire!

RC Qualifier
    I have a question about these products that I found online :

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/products.php?cat=15&pg=2

Has anyone tried the bullet proof front and rear bullhead / diff combo? I don't have any diff problems yet, but had lots in my E Revo . Switched the diiffs in my Revo to LST2, and had no problems since then.
    Any info on this would be great!

RC Qualifier
    I've been having some trouble with my maxx jumping. Bottom slaps the ground every time, on small jumps. Changed shocks to big bore and stiff shocks, but problem was still there. Added these trencher tires, which gave truck more ground clearance. Problem solved! Does not handle as well on turns, but jumps really well now

RC Qualifier
    Nice to see you back. The rig is looking good mate. Nice work.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Nice to see you back. The rig is looking good mate. Nice work.
    Thanks Mugs!! Been away all winter with my other hobbies. But I'm back
    Can't wait to go bashing!

RC Champion
    Revo, I have a couple sets of those flm ultimate hybrid bulks. There nice parts. They use a 1/8th scale diff. like the losi diff. Only in one unit and you don't have to mod anything to fit or have your diff wobbling around inside the bulks. . 2 thumbs up IMO.

RC Qualifier
    Revo, I have a couple sets of those flm ultimate hybrid bulks. There nice parts. They use a 1/8th scale diff. like the losi diff. Only in one unit and you don't have to mod anything to fit or have your diff wobbling around inside the bulks. . 2 thumbs up IMO.
    Nice!!! Thanks for the info! I've decided to get them. I am very surprised that they didn't make this for the E Revo ! Huge demand in that market as well. I've had a problem free ERBE ever since I switched to the LSt2 diff

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hybrid bulks are bulletproof, I have them on my emaxx, also got the al diff cup.

RC Qualifier
    Hybrid bulks are bulletproof, I have them on my emaxx, also got the al diff cup.

Nice! I'm drooling!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    The clan.

RC Champion
    Rc fan, Are those combo bulks or hybrid bulks with stock diffs?

Revo, Nice clan! I think the hybrids allow you to use either stock or 1/8th scale diffs. I would go for the 1/8th scale diffs.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 05-17-2013 at 07:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Revo, Nice clan! I think the hybrids allow you to use either stock or 1/8th scale diffs. I would go for the 1/8th scale diffs.
    Thanks man. Getting them for sure!

RC Qualifier
    In a serious mood to paint bodies this month. I think I found the last HPI jeep wrangler body on the planet, lol! That thing was hard to find. Decided to use this for my bashing this summer. Did something special with the headlight and taillights. Kicking myself for not taking more pics during the process.

I masked off the headlights and taillights using the headlight decals .

Masked off a long strip in the rear to simulate an led center brake light.

I wanted black headlights , so I made my own headlight buckets by using caps from quick squeeze water bottles. Painted them black, and used chrome led holders to give it that projector headlight look.

Used a red led strip to supply the lights in the middle (can be found at Auto Zone ), and bottle cap buckets in the rear.

Not finished applying the decals yet, but so far so good! It's a shame, because I am going to beat the **** out of it. Lol!!!

Video coming soon .

Last edited by Revoroller; 05-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.

RC Qualifier

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice paint job, that body looks awesome. You should dye the chassis, it will make it look even better.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 05-20-2013 at 05:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Nice paint job, that body looks awesome. You should dye the chassis, it will make it look even better.
    Thanks man! I agree!!! Black chassis would be sweet. I'll do it when I swap the bulks and diffs

RC Champion
    That is one sweet looking jeep! Nice job. I would have a hard time scratching that thing up. lol But not much fun on the shelf.

RC Qualifier
    That is one sweet looking jeep! Nice job. I would have a hard time scratching that thing up. lol But not much fun on the shelf.
    Thanks man. I took it out today for the first time and almost cried when the Maxx took a tumble. Lol! The F650 body will stay on the shelf as my show body. I have a few more paint jobs to do this month.

The new proline Desert Malitia for my son, and two proline Slipstream bodies for my E Revo . Lots of painting to do this week

RC Qualifier
    That is very cool! I like how clean you have it

RC Qualifier
    About to drag race for pink slips, lol!!